U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-01-2009, 11:32 AM
 
3 posts, read 6,395 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

NCHS had some growing pains. Show me a new school that didn't. The administration is working very hard to correct any issues. The kids may not like the crack down, but the rules have to be enforced or the students think that the administration doesn't mean what it says. All in all, Crowley is a great place to live. That is coming from a long time resident (26 years), with a kid in the school district.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-07-2009, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
140 posts, read 242,970 times
Reputation: 92
Some of the politically correct types that posted are pathetic liberals. YES there are problems with some of the blacks that go to N. Crowley! And the poster JJG is right--some of them have the "I bees just a po ****** from da hood" attitude. There are conflicts between blacks and whites, but it is not near as bad as it is in other schools around the country. N. Crowley is a nice neighborhood, but don't kid yourself that there isn't some friction between the blacks and whites living there. As a white person you have to ask yourself if you will resent living next to a black family where the guy got his 75K/year job at the FAA, the FCC or Lockheed Martin just because he was a black guy. If the answer is no, then it shouldn't be a problem. A good friend of mine lives in N. Crowley, and he has black people in his home all the time. BUT, there are also some that are difficult to get along with.

The posters on here that basically said, "oh , oh, it's all good, blacks and whites just love each other so much" are either liars or liberals.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2009, 10:39 AM
 
Location: NE Tarrant County, TX
394 posts, read 1,141,578 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
As a white person you have to ask yourself if you will resent living next to a black family where the guy got his 75K/year job at the FAA, the FCC or Lockheed Martin just because he was a black guy. If the answer is no, then it shouldn't be a problem.
Forget it. I'm not adding to this mess.

-Eric

Last edited by Eric S; 09-10-2009 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: Not going to be a party to this line of BS.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 01:44 AM
 
4,618 posts, read 7,744,811 times
Reputation: 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
Some of the politically correct types that posted are pathetic liberals. YES there are problems with some of the blacks that go to N. Crowley! And the poster JJG is right--some of them have the "I bees just a po ****** from da hood" attitude. There are conflicts between blacks and whites, but it is not near as bad as it is in other schools around the country. N. Crowley is a nice neighborhood, but don't kid yourself that there isn't some friction between the blacks and whites living there. As a white person you have to ask yourself if you will resent living next to a black family where the guy got his 75K/year job at the FAA, the FCC or Lockheed Martin just because he was a black guy. If the answer is no, then it shouldn't be a problem. A good friend of mine lives in N. Crowley, and he has black people in his home all the time. BUT, there are also some that are difficult to get along with.

The posters on here that basically said, "oh , oh, it's all good, blacks and whites just love each other so much" are either liars or liberals.
Hmmm got his job because he was black? What world do you live in? No further comment from such foolishness.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 12:41 AM
 
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
140 posts, read 242,970 times
Reputation: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Hmmm got his job because he was black? What world do you live in? No further comment from such foolishness.
It's not foolishness at all. Quit acting like you're a moron when you really aren't.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2010, 12:18 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,977 times
Reputation: 10
Just to set the record striaght, North Crowley High School may be a great school, but it IS NOT IN CROWLEY. It is in the Crowley School District, which goes all the way to the Hulen Mall area. Is Hulen Mall in Crowley? Not one of those houses around the school are in Crowley. Crowley is a couple miles south of there and there is a REAL Crowley High School there. Crowley has a huge school district that goes way into Ft Worth. North Crowley High School IS IN FT WORTH! People who live in the area aound North Crowley High say all the time "I live in Crowley". No you don't.You live in Ft Worth but in the Crowley School District.Drive south down Crowley Cleburne Road about a mile or so and you will see a sign entering "Crowley City Limit". Turn around and you'll see a sign, "Ft Worth City Limit" heading back toward North Crowley High School. Any one who doesn't like this post, I don't care , because , I actually LIVE IN CROWLEY! It's a great little town and I love it!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2010, 09:40 AM
 
32,468 posts, read 50,936,481 times
Reputation: 18373
having to vent all that hostility for your first opening post on a thread that is almost a year old--
too bad...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2010, 08:04 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,796 times
Reputation: 11
Default crowley

The only thing I have been told and have come to realize is that Crowley used to be more "country" like than Ft worth, smaller city for a while, but like most of the smaller cities they grow in population quickly. South Side(FT Worth is well known for more gang activity than N ft worth. North Crowley is very close to south side ft worth and it has higher crime rates than that of the south part of crowley that borders johnson county or Burleson. The school in N crowley would indeed be impacted by that as well. My kids are all in school ,elementary and the new intermediate campuses. I have not had any problems at all, but we do still have the thugs that in broad day light will steal bikes right off your lawn or porch and alot of car break ins. The crowley police patrol our neighborhood day and night and if you go any where you will see one or more pulling people over.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top