Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 PM

5 posts, read 19,857 times

Advertisements

Wow.. What a variety of places out here. I arrived in area about a week ago and have spent about every waking moment driving through the various areas in NW Fort Worth and Flower Mound. I will be working in Roanoke area and had thought Haslet was the best choice until I started driving around Flower Mound, I'm not spending a ton of money on a house 250K and under thanks to a terrible market back east but there are some really nice places in this area. I will say that Flower Mound looks like it could get a little congested but what a beautiful drive in from 377. The neighborhoods have a comfortable feeling, or am I just delusional? I have 2 sons who are taking the move out here pretty rough, one is a junior and I hated to move him during the middle of the year but economically I have to make a living. Anyway I want to be in an area where they both can fit in and keep busy with activities which is why I am hesitant about Sendera ranch area..... My wife hasn't arrived yet and I have a feeling she will like Haslet which will settle it but I would appreciate some feedback from those of you with teenagers in either of these areas. My junior is not into sports so athletics is not a concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 05:21 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Flower Mound traffic in/out is AWFUL!! You could be sitting in traffic a long time to get to/from work.

Have you looked at Grapevine? There are EXCELLENT schools and lots of activities for your sons and the whole family. Grapevine is also very convenient to the Alliance area where you'll be working. We have low property taxes in Grapevine thanks to the revenue from DFW Airport, and $250k will get you a nice 3 bedroom house. (I just bought one myself!!) There are TONS of shops and restaurants in Grapevine, too.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:22 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
The drive from Flower Mound to Roanoke--you are across Lake Grapevine in those locations--that means a big drive around--no direct--377 in the morning is not good coming in on CrossTimbers (1171)and going east/south out of Flower Mound to 114 and then west to Roanoke is not easy either
I won't dispute the attractiveness of Flower Mound and the quality of Lewisville schools but it would not be a good way to go to work every day...unless you want to spend about 40 min+ each way--the only saving grace would be that you would go with sun at your back both ways most of the time

north Grapevine around 114 would be much easier getting to 114 westbound
north Keller as some areas that are not as flat as Haslet (my pet peeve since it looks as level as a bowling alley really)
377 is under construction now because it is such a heavily traveled road it needs to be widened but that is causing lots of traffic...
there is new subdivision going in right off Mt. Gilead and 377 in Keller side--think that is probably out of your price range though...

there are some developments in north area like Argyle/Bartonville/Justin you might want to look at

I am sending what I think is one of the best MLS sites to search for homes--
lots of information like listing date/satellite view to check area around home/links to ISD
can't post here because it will be considered advertising--I never used that agency but I really like the web site...it is also organized by subdivisions in each town--so if you like a particular subdivision you can see how many houses are for sale
once a home goes under constract it drops out of this site's MLS list...

Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 PM

113 posts, read 392,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remchone View Post
Wow.. What a variety of places out here. I arrived in area about a week ago and have spent about every waking moment driving through the various areas in NW Fort Worth and Flower Mound. I will be working in Roanoke area and had thought Haslet was the best choice until I started driving around Flower Mound, I'm not spending a ton of money on a house 250K and under thanks to a terrible market back east but there are some really nice places in this area. I will say that Flower Mound looks like it could get a little congested but what a beautiful drive in from 377. The neighborhoods have a comfortable feeling, or am I just delusional? I have 2 sons who are taking the move out here pretty rough, one is a junior and I hated to move him during the middle of the year but economically I have to make a living. Anyway I want to be in an area where they both can fit in and keep busy with activities which is why I am hesitant about Sendera ranch area..... My wife hasn't arrived yet and I have a feeling she will like Haslet which will settle it but I would appreciate some feedback from those of you with teenagers in either of these areas. My junior is not into sports so athletics is not a concern.
We have three homes for sale in our area. I live in Norhlake which is off 407. They are all one acre lots and the homes are 2 years old with me and about 3 other being here 3 years now. Very nice area, laid back, no traffic, only 190 home build out.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:49 PM

5 posts, read 27,874 times
Haslet is one really great area --still small town country living but with Alliance Town Center and everything else it is getting to be big city. With all this development does bring traffic -- but NW Tarrant and NorthWest schools are great. They are still 'country' feel -- as they have so many small towns that feed them. A lot of growth in the school district - They have been some of the best paid teachers in the state - which definitely recruit good teachers --
Good luck!

Old 11-28-2008, 01:08 PM
mlr

13 posts, read 50,531 times
There are some nice communities along 287 - Haslet-Newark area, in NW ISD that is easy to get to 114 from there and only about 20 min to Roanoke. I believe NW ISD is a great school district too! Less traffic on 287 and that end of 114. Good Luck!

Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 AM

2 posts, read 4,545 times
I live in Keller, daughter lives in Haslet. Boyfriend commutes to Dallas, as a matter of fact as far North Dallas as you can get! There are plenty of tricks to deal with the traffic and be able to enjoy "small town" atmosphere of Haslet..hayrides for the kids, neighborhood swap meets, holiday activities and summer pool parties! Builders are offering extreme discounts on financing and upgrades!!!!! I can help you find the perfect home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth