U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 06:43 AM

634 posts, read 1,438,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caturpilar View Post
Thanks everyone, See I have searched on job boards, I put a resume in at Warren Cat. I didn't see altec but am going to try and get one there, we have altec up here as well and they seem to be a stable business.
It is really nice here and easy to flee the city!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 05:18 PM

67 posts, read 114,174 times
Think twice before you move here. It is crowded, with lots of traffic, and lots of pollution, and very hot summers.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:43 PM

13 posts, read 40,488 times
Default We are new too

Don't know how old you are, but for at least part time employment, you might try looking at the reserves. NAS Fort Worth Joint Reserve base has reserves from all services and many types of jobs that you might fit into.

Also, I would look for outlying communities.

Aledo is very nice, but you will find yourselves trying to keep up with the Jones'. Kind of pricey, but good schools. Weatherford is also nice. About 24K people. We live just outside of there in the Peaster School district. I really like it, and the school is wonderful. Prices are very reasonable and the commute is not bad into fort worth. I-30 is not really crowded west of Fort Worth.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 PM

365 posts, read 958,413 times
San Antonio is a good size city with lots to do. they have the riverwalk and a lot of locals and tourists walk it. There is a huge mall and a lot of quaint shops along it as well. from statistics, it is the 7th largest city in texas but you can't really tell, in my opinion. there are many smaller communities outside the city. austin is just over an hour away, as is san marcos. the beaches, and climate make it a great place. we were just there last night and was on the riverwalk until just past 8pm. we rode a horse-drawn carriage and had dinner and walked around. visited the Alamo. it's a great historic city with some beautifully crafted building that are hard to beat elsewhere in Texas.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 PM

21 posts, read 38,408 times
Dallas Morning News, Herald Democrat, Plano Star Courier, just some of the newspapers around here you should try!! I am originally from Joplin,MO and i love it in the Denison/sherman Area. The only thing that isn't cool is the commute to Dallas is an hour but I like the fact that it has some of the same characteristics as MO(nice greenery) and yet still has the big city feel.The rent tends to be cheaper here to in the smaller city on the Northern side of Dallas and What I really like is that the area still has a kinda small town feel. A lot more homes for rent under $1200. Somerset,TX is a very freindly community with very nice homes aroound it. Converse is also very nice, these are both near San antonio. San Antonio is also a great cultural diverse city. I really love their strawberry festival every year! HEB in San Antonio tends to have lemons for 10/ $1 during the summertime. I love the people in Von Ormy, Somerset and areas around there. They are very nice and very clean. These are all easy commutes to SA. The river walk in SA there is beautiful!!!! Great place to take your love! Personally, SA is more my style, but Denison and Sherman are very nice too for people like me who have family in Dallas/Ft Worth area and San Antonio and Tulsa,OK and MO lol (My family doesn't stay in one place for long...lol)

Sure hope this helps!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth