U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:36 PM

32,551 posts, read 51,112,793 times

Advertisements

don't siblings get preferential signups?

and you basically reaffirmed what I said about Paschal many times
it is one place in FTW I would have loved to teach because I think it definitly does prove it is cool to be smart...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 11:54 AM

473 posts, read 1,071,403 times
Thanks jsw1965 !
Thanks Love2read - I admire your knowledge on school/ areas and sharing it to folks like us.
I drove around Pascal yesterday. The sorrounding areas did'nt appeal me much. The honors program and high academics is the only reason that keeps attracting me and i am still actively considering it. I badly needed the zipcode (so thanks jsw1965 for providing it) and good areas in family neighbourhood (between 200- 250K) with reasonable number of kids around to play and socialize. I also have a 2nd grader as well but for now the right High School is driving all my decisions .
If you can suggest some good subdivisions within this zipcode it will help. I am also looking into Keller HS or Keller Central / Flowermound HS / Coppell HS.
Flowemound HS & Coppell HS are approx 28-30 miles from my work in North FW. Pascal HS will be approx 14 miles and Keller HS -Central will be approximately 6-8 miles. Initially i intend to rent a apartment for 6 months near any of the finalized High School and than purchase a Home unless i get some really compelling deal to move right into the house in the next few months. Any information on good rental apartment apartment (right out of your hat) near these HS will surely help. Its much comfortable & reliable to go for recommended properties/areas/ Schools from people like you.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:24 PM

frankly I think either Bell or Trinity HS in the HEB ISD is better bet than Keller or Flower Mound just because I know that program and the types of students who graduate from their IB programs--they are VERY well-grounded students who get accepted to top quality schools with financial aid/scholarship packets...

coppell is excellent area and isd--smaller and more upscale demographics if you can find house you like in your price range it is probably best bet for retaining home value...

Last edited by loves2read; 01-25-2009 at 01:53 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 09:15 AM

3,040 posts, read 11,031,726 times
well,
I have a child attending Keller HS and I can say I am very pleased with the AP program etc... I find it refreshing that the students WANT to have good grades and they are the one checking grade speed etc, to see what they made on a test and final exams.
She plays tennis and I must say what a great group of kids, they all have very good attitudes whether wining or losing and encourage each other, from senior to freshman player.
The new principal (from Southlake) is fantastic and is extremely visable to the kids and is really implementing some great new programs.

Yes, there are problems as with any HS and there are definately some very poor teachers but the good ones outnumber the bad. My daughters geometery teacher actually was the one who initiated contact with me over test grade etc.. and extra tutoring, BEFORE I had a chance to contact him. He was so thrilled when she got an 98 on an exam he e-mailed me as soon as he graded it!

Quote:
they are VERY well-grounded students who get accepted to top quality schools with financial aid/scholarship packets...
As with any school in the area. I could say the same for students at Keller HS. (like the star football player who recieved a scholarship and has a 3.8 GPA)

BUT...Keller does not have the IB program if that is what you are leaning toward.

For the prioce range you are looking in I too would look at the following HS ...Paschel, Trinity, Bell, & Keller HS

We had the same issues with area aropund Paschel as you did. saftey for my kids was #1 and I personaly just felt alot of the area around there wasn't that great. I want to be able to let my kids ride bikes around the neighborhood, walk to frinds houses and have my HS child feel safe at night alone or babysitting etc...

Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 PM

357 posts, read 989,580 times
OP,

Follow this link for more information on the HEB ISD. They are top notch!! You can attend a meeting on February 2nd for more information. I have 3 children in IB schools and 1 in Keller ISD. Keller ISD has a good reputation, however, I personally see the ISD in decline. I wish i lived in the HEB area for their programs.

I also think you will find nice neighborhoods in your price range and perhaps a rental in the HEB ISD

Best wishes in your choices.

HEB ISD "The Edge"

Old 01-29-2009, 04:39 PM

75 posts, read 269,388 times
keller is a nice area central h.s is a pretty good school do not forget to ask about the wonderful taxes you will pay and electric provider for that area

Old 02-01-2009, 07:15 PM

473 posts, read 1,071,403 times
Does anyone knows about any realtor website that search houses based on selecting the High school ? I am primarily interested in knowing the sub-divisions serving a particular High School.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM

I will PM you a site that lets you search by ISD and lists the schools an MLS house is zoned for...it also has a search by map feature where you can call up homes for sale in specific geo areas...

you can also probably check the ISD's web site to see what the zone boundaries are for their schools or call the school in question and ask for boundaries--that is public information they have to share with you...

Old 02-02-2009, 01:52 PM

3,040 posts, read 11,031,726 times
I suggest you use a combo of realtor and as Loves2 said the DISTRICT website. ALOT of districts are re-zoneing etc and the realtor may not have the site updated.

Keller is one area that is undergoing major changes due to over crowding and a new HS being built. Alot of the websites have the HS listed as the current one not the one for 2009 and later.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:50 PM

17 posts, read 57,705 times
If you are not looking for a HUGE house you can find some nice 2500 sq.ft. + homes in Keller for the price range. The best HS is Keller High. You will need to be in Keller proper to make that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth