U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:32 AM

473 posts, read 1,076,594 times

Advertisements

Thanks Loves2read for site. Its some extra clicks but now i can get the specific school on my each of the results of my search criteria. May be not many people are so picky about specific HS like me otherwise any website with a selection criteria of choosing a specific school would be certain hit. Almost all realtor website in Kansas City & Metroplex area have this feature..may be because there are'nt too many ISD's there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 07:50 AM

32,697 posts, read 51,396,655 times
TX is very confusing for move-ins because most states don't do school districts like we do

they set their own boundaries and can overlap town/county lines---
and some realtors don't want you to know what schools a house is zoned for because that info might turn you off---entice, entice, entice is the mantra...

good luck and hope this HS is really going to be as good as you think it is...

Old 02-12-2009, 10:42 AM

6 posts, read 9,236 times
You definitely should consider buying a house in Grapevine, that attends the Carroll ISD. I have just checked the MLS and see 11 homes that are under $350k, with 4 under $215k. If you like, I can email them to you. That part of Grapevine has the trees, location, and hometown feel that you are looking for. You may have to do some updating to the house, but it will definitely be well worth it. Homes in Grapevine with Carroll ISD are a good investment. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 AM

6 posts, read 9,236 times
OMG, I also forgot to mention that I moved here from Lee's Summit, MO nine years ago.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:33 PM

473 posts, read 1,076,594 times
I was'nt considering Carroll ISD since Southlake was beyond my budget. The Grapevine houses under 215K are old. The only newer houses (2004-2005) is in 'Lakeview Estates GV' subdivision somewhere in 275K range . Not sure how this subdivision is... Any idea if this subdivision in kids/family freindly and its houses have investment values? Do you pay high property taxes by having a house in Grapevine and attend Carroll ISD schools ?

Old 02-15-2009, 09:13 AM

the MLS sites give the taxes--you decide if that is 'high'---are far as "investment values"--are you living in it or buying it to rent out
if you are buying it to live in and so your kids go to good schools it has about the "safest" resale value of any area in the Metroplex--but check out how many homes are for sale in Southlake/Grapevine

the market is slow--right now it is fairly stable--some people who bought houses 10 years ago can sell and make a profit--maybe a good one
if you bought a house 3 yrs ago and try to sell now--unless your company is covering your RE fees, you probably won't make a profit--
so your time line has lot to do with "investment value" of what you buy...

Old 02-15-2009, 01:21 PM

151 posts, read 606,407 times
I wonder why Mommy 24 see the Keller ISD "in decline"? That's certainly not what I see.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:48 AM

for one thing--Keller's enrollment numbers are dropping--the district has committed to building new schools and taking on tax burden because of the enrollment numbers for the past 5 years which were always on the uptick--
now with the housing market and faltering economy, Keller is seeing enrollment stalling and dropping--
everything in public education is based on enrollment because majority of funding comes from state based on attendance numbers--fewer kids attending means less money from state--less money from state means tax increase from property owners or reducing expenditures to fit budget...reducing expenditures is not always an easy choice especially when you have maxed out your tax base which I think Keller (and some other ISDs have done)
the legislature is supposed to revisit the compromise done several years ago about the tax rate cap and the Robin Hood provision...not that it will do any good--the state is hemorraging money as well and does not have anything extra to throw into education from what I see...

I do think Keller's stats relfect the problems the district has been through with having to build/staff new schools and deal with the controversy/disagreements between the board/superintendent...
I think some of the gloss has come off Keller's rep...

Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 PM

5 posts, read 11,595 times
Not knowledgeable on the schools, kids been out for years. Moved to Colleyville for just that reason though. Plus for a safe environment. Houses are high, but worth a look, Grapevine under same ISD, worth a look also. GF is a teacher at Heritage and involved in the mentoring for gifted.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:13 AM

but Grapevine's housing situation is totally different from Colleyville even if they share the same ISD--
buying in Grapevine does not come with the same "assurances" and cache as Colleyville...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth