Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:13 AM

254 posts, read 587,450 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

Im visiting Dallas or to be more precise Fort Worth for business and wondering about options at night. Where can I get the great Texas experience in dining as well as friendly atmosphere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 04:59 AM

339 posts, read 1,436,286 times
I am one of those Dallasites who doesn't venture over to Ft. Worth too terribly often but hopefully some other Dallas folks can help you out. Though maybe if you had this moved to the Ft. Worth sub-forum you'd get more replies.

I will say that even though it's touristy, you should check out the Stockyards if it isn't already on your list. A couple of fun bars, good steak eatin' on sawdust floors, and plenty of the horse and cattle stuff. By no means is that all Ft. Worth has to offer--the whole stereotypical cowboy image--but it IS worth visiting! The area is on Exchange Ave and is not a long drive from the downtown hotels.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:50 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
In Ft Worth try The Flying Saucer Restaurant/Bar at 111 E 4th St. Huge beer selection, great food.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:24 AM

11,857 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Reata, which is right by the Flying Saucer on Houston Street.
H3 in the Stockyards.
Joe T. Garcia's
Angelo's BBQ on White Settlement

Old 01-20-2009, 07:38 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Reata is great for the views, the decor, and the food---top notch on all three

Flying Saucer is more fun, low-key--beer bar
they are in Sundance Sq in heart of downtown FTW
try Mi Cocina is you like Mexican--upscale, trendy, variety of sauces--lots of local interest
Sundance Square Fort Worth - Dining

Joe T's in Stockyards north of town off I 35 for mexican food but basically it is the margaritas and most people like to go there when you can sit outside--weather might not lend itself to that
but there are some other places--mainly steak--that are great
check out Tim Love's two restaurants...Lonesome Dove and Love Shack--hamburger joint
Fort Worth Stockyards

and Angelo's outside downtown to the west

but there are many restaurants in FTW that are excellent places to eat
Cafe Aspen is one of them
Bistro Louise off Camp Bowie S of 30 is another local restraunt --very low-key but good food

also have the chains like Ruth's Chris's or Pappadoux

Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,427,044 times
Second and third, Joe T's - the patio Joe T. Garcia's Mexican Restaurant

Also for atmosphere and not bad bbq go to Riscky's BBQ in the Stockyards. I think it is definately a matter of preference (Im a transplant), but when I went to Angelo's BBQ it was a little too gamey tasting for me. I prefer Railhead BBQ - RailheadOnline.com - Texas' Best Bar-B-Q

Also not sure when you will be here, but you may want to check out - The Official Site of the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo

Also you can't go to the Stockyards without going to Billy Bob's - Billy Bob's Texas - The World's Largest Honky Tonk

Have fun!!

Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 AM

358 posts, read 472,426 times
I have been here since 86 and there is very little I can add to the good advice you have been given. Caution, if you are ask at Reatta if you want Fugi water, pass on that $7.00 bottled water. We have VERY good tap water here and no charge.

If you like to cook, go to Central Market, damnedest grocery store in the free world. 600 different cheeses, 120' of display combined seafood and meat. Products from all over the world. Wonderful soups. They even have a cooking school. Central Market is a world of contrast, you will see grizzled cowboys rubbing elbows with yuppies, Volvos with gunracks. The biggest bargin there is the bulk spice section. I can spice out a kitchen for $15 buying by weight. Over in their, or any other grocery dept. buying prepacked it runs $150+ and then at the end of a year you throw most of it away.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:52 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
heck--you can even eat AT Central Market with what they have already prepared --lunch and dinner are good places to get a quick take out or to eat in casual setting--wide assortments of entres, salads, side dishes, and sandwiches made to order...

the BBQ place I am really favoring right now is Hard 8 in Coppell--not that close to FTW itself--but good food, nice atmosphere...

if you want to drive out of town--try Babe's in Roanoak or Burleson for some great fried chicken...

Old 01-22-2009, 09:03 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,427,044 times
Ohhhhh BABES!! We take all of our out of town guests there and they LOVE it! Our friend from Chicago said that he will only come to the area if we promise to take him to dinner there.

Central Market is fantastic. We had some Hatch pepper hamburgers from the meat department for a bbq and they were the best hamburgers!

Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
You can't leave Fort Worth without having a chicken fried steak at Massey's!

Massey's Restaurant, Fort Worth, TX : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth