Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times

Advertisements

have seen another tree in my neighborhood fall over due to root system and saturated ground---we have a large pecan tree off our breakfast/kitchen/garage side--I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will stand tall--think soft woods are more prone to do this but have seen some oaks go down---
thankfully we have not had bad winds and hail since this all started in May
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 05:46 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Actually, upon closer inspection we DID lose that arbor vitae tree. Just a few minutes ago I looked and it has almost fallen all the way over now with the roots sticking up out of the ground. It's sad. Last year we lost the other one to the drought, and now this one due to much to much rain..

I'm sorry to hear that. I hate it when beautiful trees are lost from storms or whatever. It didn't even take any wind to topple your poor tree.

I hope catman is right about my Live Oak. I'd be lost without that big old tree.

It is absolutely pouring right now where I live near Lake Whitney. My grass just keeps getting taller and taller, but hopefully soon, it was be able to be mowed.

I saw Watauga on the 5 o'clock news as flooding was going on around there. I called my son and told him to be careful. He works in Euless and couldn't even get across some bridge to the parking lot where his truck was parked. He and all the others had to wait for the water to recede. Anyway, he just called to tell me he made it home safely. So far, his new house is free from flood danger. Thank goodness for that as one never knows when one moves to a new area how heavy rains are going to affect the homes in that area.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,907,540 times
Thanks KewGee. I'm glad to hear your son is home safe. I hate losing a tree, but I guess it's the way things go. I have a large oak tree in my front yard and I hope it makes it through ok as well. Hang in there. This will hopefully be all over soon.
Cheers

Old 07-03-2007, 06:48 PM

I know you guys in the metroplex know you're not alone with all this flooding. Burnet County received 19 inches the other night (Marble Falls) and the following link shows some more havoc these rains are producing in Central Texas as well.

KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen | Home

Old 07-04-2007, 01:51 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,202 times
We had water in our garage Saturday and Tuesday as well. Both days we had at the minimum 3 inches fall in less than an hour, and I think more likely closer to 5. There has been some pretty heavy street flooding one bock up from me and several other streets in my city where drainage creeks overflow and have no place to go until the rain stops and the drainage system is able to function properly.

One street over the houses all have raised yards, due to flooding in the past, that now have debris lines that show the water on that street was close to 3 feet deep during it's highest yesterday.

Today we have built up some walls to try to control the flow of runoff water and keep it out of the garage if it pours like that again. Maybe that will jinx the rain into not falling? One can hope....haha

Old 07-04-2007, 05:07 PM

I feel so sorry for the people whose yards are eroding and pretty soon, their houses may fall as well. It is very sad and scary.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:08 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,764,360 times
Hi everyone,
what's the weather today?
I hope that the situation has normalized...

Are you ok?

Have a great Friday!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Minnie--rain still today at my location in Bedford--woke up about 3 am when the cat wanted out--opened the bathroom door to the deck and then I heard the rain--rained until about 730 this morning--supposed to stop and give us a clear weekend--but will just have to wait and see....

Old 07-06-2007, 07:11 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,764,360 times
Oh..it's a pity...

I hope that the sun will arrive as soon as for everyone!

are there others damages? I hope no...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth