Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:32 PM

3 posts, read 17,714 times

Advertisements

Looking for folks with experience with Meritage Homes in the Roanoke area.

In looking at Meritage homes in both Briarwyck vs. Ranches East (maybe 10 miles apart) they build will build the exact same home in both places, but with a $31,000 difference in price ($223,000 vs. $192,000). Although Briarwyck is nicer and has lower taxes, does this justify the large difference? Is there any chance they will come down in price?

Are we getting good return on our money at Briarwyck or would we better off looking down the road at Chadwick Farms?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 09:17 PM

33 posts, read 85,416 times
The main difference in the two neighborhoods is that Briarwyck is located within the city of Roanoke. The Ranches east has a Roanoke mailing address, but is located in the city of Ft. Worth. If you are in Ft. Worth you will be paying much higher taxes for far fewer city services. City services in Ft Worth have not caught up with the growth in far north Ft Worth. Chadwick Farms is nice, but is also in the city of Ft. Worth. I believe it is in Denton county, so the taxes would be lower than in the Ranches east. Hope this helps.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:42 AM

Thank you for your response, has anybody had any experience in negotiating the price of the home. They do throw in upgrades, but I was wondering if anyone knows if I would have any luck getting them to come down off the list price of the home, thanks.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM

33 posts, read 85,416 times
I haven't heard of anyone negotiating the price down much. There are some spec homes in the neighborhood, you might get a better deal on one of those.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,821 times
Default Negotiating at Briarwyck

I am a homeowner in Briarwyck. It is my experience that Meritage is not as willing to come down in price but will throw in upgrades fairly easily. However, if you do purchase a home with Meritage, make sure they follow through on the upgrades you added into the contract.
Price may be more flexible now considering the current economy. However, I do know that demand in Briarwyck has been high compared to other subdivisions in the Metroplex and Meritage thus has the advantage when it comes to bargaining.

Also, because it is actually in Roanoke there are much lower taxes.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:08 PM

hparker thanks for the response. Have you been happy with your decision to buy in Briarwyck?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 PM

15 posts, read 56,382 times
Briarwyck has a higher amount of community and standard features with of course a different set of demographics living in there. You said it yourself, Briarwyck is nicer. The main question I have is are you willing to pay for the differences? And do you think it is worth it?

The newer communities are going to have less foreclosures with homeowners who had to go through tougher lending rules, thus making the long term value more ideal.

Just driving through the neighborhoods, you can see a huge difference. Some of the homes in the former "Lost Creek Ranches" were first time buyers, whereas Briarwyck is more of a move up buyer. Personally I would buy a smaller home in a nicer neighborhood.

I hope this helps,

Old 06-01-2009, 09:46 PM

95 posts, read 255,418 times
I doubt that Meritage is needing to "give" the houses away so they aren't willing to come down in price.
I know that our house we bought 8 months ago in North Ft. Worth/Keller had been on the market for a while so the builder wanted to reduce their inventory. They of course made a big deal that we were being "given" $25K in upgrades. I jokingly said to our relator that we could put it back on the market the next day and make $25K according to that logic (yeah right!)

Old 06-02-2009, 08:08 AM

108 posts, read 485,792 times
I have buyer's who are doing a build job scheduled to be completed in Sept. in Briarwyck. I will send you a Direct Message!

Old 06-28-2009, 07:19 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,988,011 times
I looked at homes in briarwyck, I didn't like the location. Too close to the race track and the neighbourhood itself didn't seem that nice, I also didn't like the fact the enterance was off a highway. I have been looking at the meritage homes in Keller, Marshall Ridge. The neighbourhood is really pretty and the homes don't look slamed together
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth