Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:42 PM

14 posts, read 37,454 times

Advertisements

Any machinists out there willing to give some insight on the job market out in DFW area. We are planning on relocating to the DFW area in June. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 07:33 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
check the texas workforce commission site and see how many jobs are posted there

Old 02-10-2009, 08:20 PM

Thanks for responding!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:25 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
All CNC Jobs in Fort Worth, TX | Indeed.com

Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 8,453 times
Default Leaving Texas

We relocated to the DFW area last year and we are ready to leave. There is a lot of work for Machinist in the area. Depending on where you are moving from will determine how well you like the place... We are originally from Ohio and it has been a culture shock for all of us...

The work is definitely here and the money is great. Yet, money isn't everything if you don't like the scenery...

Good Luck!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 04:23 PM

Millytoad,

Do you mind sharing what it is you didn't like. We have been visiting the Fort Worth area for a couple of weekends and so far like what we see. We are coming from Louisiana, so we may adjust a little differently. What kind of "culture shock" are you referring to?

Thanks,

Txbound09

Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,453 times
txbound09

If you are coming from Louisiana, it probably won't be as much of an adjustment. I came from snow, and Rolling Hills to dry and flat. As for the culture shock, it's everything. The environment, the people and just the over all experience. I think if it was just my husband and I this wouldn't be as hard to adjust to. I have 3 children and they are miserable here.

Once again, the jobs are here and there are plenty of them especially for machinist. Siemens seems to be a good place, along with Bell Helicopter, but I would stay away from Lockhead Martin.

Once again Good Luck to you and I hope you like it. It's hard to move away and start over...

Millytoad

Old 02-27-2009, 02:40 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Check some of the larger companies - Textron Bell Helicopter, General Dynamics, Vought - they all have positions listed on their web sites.

I'm sure there are others also - a lot of manufacturing around this area.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,941 times
Default Machinist out of work

Machinist with 30 years experience having no luck finding employment. Any other suggestions?? Please respond to klklty@yahoo.com If you know of anyone hiring in the Fort Worth area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Check some of the larger companies - Textron Bell Helicopter, General Dynamics, Vought - they all have positions listed on their web sites.

I'm sure there are others also - a lot of manufacturing around this area.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 AM

536 posts, read 1,538,264 times
I am graduating at the end of the summer with a cnc machining certificate with Catia and cnc programming experience. I'm from Texas so have lived in the DFW, Austin, and Tyler towns. Am stuck in Wichita, KS, which has a bad economy right now and wife is open to moving. Our biggest preference is Austin but seems there aren't tons of machinist jobs thereabouts so Ft Worth is next. Suggestions would be most appreciated. We have two young children. Am considering moving to the hilly part (Springtown) and willing to commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth