U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 08:35 PM

33 posts, read 75,048 times

Advertisements

My husband and I were relocated to Fort Worth from Louisiana for his job with Lockheed Martin. I am a teacher and I am not familiar with the schools in the Fort Worth ISD. I will begin substituting until I can apply for jobs for the new school year.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest good elementary and middle schools in the Fort Worth ISD.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 11:34 PM

32,609 posts, read 51,192,215 times
schools rated exemplary score highest on the TX TAKS rating system...
recognized is #2 and acceptable #3==elementary schools get more exemplary ratings because they are smaller and usually have more uniform demographics--much more difficult for jr highs and hardest for high schools...
look at the ratings but know that there can be good teaching in schools were students are struggling...

you might also consider subbing in districts in the area--Aledo is west of FTW, Burleson is south of FTW, Eagle Mtn-Saginaw and Azle are NW of FTW

suburban districts that are well regarded are Birdville, HEB, Grapevine-Colleyville, Southlake-Carroll
Arlington ISD is major city district east of FTW--lower economic/ESL students -- district does not have many National Merit Semi-finalists but my daughter taught in elementary school off 360 in s part of district and enjoyed the school--thought it was well-run and had capable teachers...she is in FL now...
Crowley ISD is having budget problems--
frankly if you want a job teaching for next year--be prepared to compete with many, many people for few vacancies...some districts have built schools due to population increase and now find they may not be able to staff them due to the economy and falling sales tax revenues
don't know how many teachers would be retiring this year but think anyone who considered leaving teaching for a different (better) job is having few choices to go to with the unemployment rising--even here...
job fairs are starting in March--
if you have a clue as to which side of FTW area you will be living in you need to scope out the ISDs and see dates and register
check out the region XI web site
has link to map of ALL ISDs in area--everyone is looking for special ed/math and science for upper elem and secondary/ESL
sometimes K-4 openings but there are many people applying in that area
Education Service Center Region XI | Public Schools (http://www.esc11.net/8234398102229/site/default.asp - broken link)
do couple of searches on this forum for teaching and ISD or FTW ISD and you will get some hits

Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 PM

5 posts, read 14,308 times
Eagle Mtn ISD is very nice , I have two kids in the schools- There have been no issues whatsoever with bad behaviour. The kids are great here! The Teachers are Superb here! Clean Community- no baloney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth