Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 09:34 PM

11 posts, read 24,881 times

Advertisements

I will be in a time crunch trying to make appointments all day on Tuesday.

How will traffic be and how much time should I allot in the following situations:

- DFW Airport to Westover Hills area if I leave DFW at 10:30 a.m. How long will it take me to get to Westover Hills? When should I expect to be there by?

- Westover Hills to DFW Airport if I have to be there by 3:45 p.m. When should I leave for the airport in this situation?

Any help is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 09:36 PM

Also, how long can I expect going through security to take?

Old 04-03-2011, 08:56 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
you are going to be using 183--airport Frwy for that drive

work has begun on the extension of that freeway--traffic can be slow during the day either way with major backups starting around 3 pm going EAST through the Mid-Cities--

I would think that leaving DFW at 1030 would take you about 40 min to get to Westover Hills because construction would have started on WEST bound side of freeway through MidCities

Coming back to DFW it will take longer--I have seen traffic in Hurst area from NE Mall past the Central Dr exit back up in 3 lanes and basically stopped--
IF I am out doing errands at that time of day I NEVER get on the freeway--
my husband works in downtown FTW and it takes him about 25 min to come home to Hurst because construction stops when rush hour starts--but it takes a while for backed up traffic to progress--AND he gets off the freeway early--before the 114 exit to Grapevine just past Central Dr--that is big backup point and you have to go farther east to DFW--

Coming OUT of FTW you might consider using I-30 EAST to 360 and take that NORTH to the DFW exit--
that early in the day 30 should not be that bad--and it is close entry point to Westover Hills since you have to take 30 when you come into FTW anyway to get to Westover Hills-
there was big tanker fire on I30 recently and one of the bridges was damaged--but it was to the WESTBOUND lanes so traffic going EAST should not be effected that much--but that is why I would not suggest using the 360--I30 to get to Westover Hills

Tuesday should not be especially heavy passenger day--but some terminals are slower than others for security pass through--
ones doing more international flights are usually slower from what I have seen
You WILL have to return your car and ride shuttle back to the airport terminals--that is what I found to be really tedious--since there can be passengers for separate terminals/gates on your shuttle--the drivers will stop for whereever people need to get off--and that could slow you down if there are multiple stops

I would rather be early to airport than stuck in traffic on freeway--
you might want to allow 90 min for return trip to DFW if you are using the Airport Frwy and hour if you are using the I30/360 route

Old 04-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Thanks for responding.

So you're saying I should expect about a 40 minute drive to Westover Hills from DFW and about 60 minutes going back?

Anyone else here have experience that could help me?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:54 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
^ that seems about right....
Morning is easy...
The afternoon could be a real bear, I would allow 2 hours for drive time, rental drop off and security.

as loves2 stated tues afternoon security won't be a big issue. DFW is GREAT in that every terminal has it's own security checkpoints( 5 terminals A-E). Unlike an airport like Dullas where EVERYONE (international etc...) have to pass through the same gate, I have had to wait 1.5 hour + there. Most I have waited at DFW was 30minutes. Longest lines I have been in are are in AA main terminal (C I think...)

Old 04-04-2011, 03:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
check a map--there is no direct route from DFW airport into Westover Hills--
so yes--in the morning using 183 WEST bound I would estimate 40 min and maybe little longer depending on the backup from construction on 183
you have to go through downtown FTW and change to I30 Westbound and then get off the freeway and take surface street to destination

coming back traffic will be worse--shift workers get off around 3 and there is construction backup big time on 183 EASTbound
so I would estimate at least an hour and probably a little more just to err on side of caution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth