U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 02:06 PM

4 posts, read 14,331 times

Advertisements

We live in the Keller area and I was wanting to see recommendations for a lawn care service. I am looking for a service similiar to True Green or Scott's where they will come and fertilize the grass and kill off the weeds. Just not as pricey. There are alot out there so I was wanting to see who you all use and trust. I'm not looking for a mow necessarily but if it is reasonable then why not. All help in greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 AM

3,044 posts, read 11,045,119 times
We too are in the process of getting estimates in Keller. I'll give you 2 more companies that our neighbors recommend so you have some more comparisions than just the large national companies.

PM me for phone numbers... Lawn concepts and nutri green. both local companies.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:22 PM

61 posts, read 148,194 times
Stay away fom the national chains and go with privates like Baker lawn service.No hispanic labor just clean cut American lbor. check my site www.pamperedpetsandpals.com for more about landscaping your new home. welcome to Cowtown

Old 03-06-2009, 08:20 AM

3,044 posts, read 11,045,119 times
Quote:
No hispanic labor just clean cut American lbor.
That is uncalled FOR! There are ALOT of hispanic AMERICANS that have been here for generations...longer than alot of "white americans"

Sorry but you just lost my business.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:46 PM

13 posts, read 55,725 times
NuToDFW, 5stones,

I am also looking for lawn care services in Keller similar to TruGreen and Scotts. I see this post is a few days old, but would appreciate if you have any recommendations and/or experiences with any of the local service providers.

Thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 10:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,515 times
Default Don't forget to aerate your lawn, too

We moved to Keller last year. At least 2 of my neighbors use TruGreen and are happy with their service. Don't forget that while they are a national chain they are locally franchised. For the record, I manage my fertilization and lawn control myself just because I kind of like that kind of thing.

If your lawn is well-established (at least 1 year sodded or seeded), getting the most from your lawn service is important. A great way to do that is core/plug lawn aeration. I have a side business doing just that. Frankly, I bought the machine because I didn't like my home's soil and, by default, lawn. Sooooo much clay soil in Keller and NE Tarrant county. I started the business mostly to pay for the machine and share the advantages of core/plug aeration with others. It's one of the most important things that golf courses do to keep their greens and fairways looking amazing.

If you are interested, go to my website ([URL="http://www.aerate-texas.com"]www.aerate-texas.com[/URL]), click on the About Aeration page to read more about core/plug aeration.

Whatever, you decide....welcome to Keller!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth