Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2007, 11:02 AM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,844 times

Advertisements

I have gotten many completely different estimates when I have talked to realtors.
Can anyone here give me an actual idea of the time from Haslet to DFW airport?
MBG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 11:59 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
Hiya MBG -

We drove it, but not during commute time, and it was about 35 mins. We took 170 to 114 over to the airport.

Hope all is going well!

Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 PM

Thank you Guingirl, we are working on selling here right now, hoping for an open house this weekend. I am just hoping that drive is not too much because that is one reason we are so excited about leaving here!
MBG

Old 03-21-2007, 03:21 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
Good luck on the open house!! I am hoping that we will be in our new house by August, but we will see how it goes .

Take care!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
I don't live in Haslet and drive back and forth to that area very infrequently---but I do think that a morning commute--depending on your time leaving--will run at least 40 min and coming back will be even longer becaue of more traffic on 114 moving through Grapevine/Southlake corridor---

If you use GOOGLE Maps for directions, it refers you S on I-35 around 820 E to 121/183 Airport Freeway---that would be bad route to use IMO because that is very busy freeway in morning...you can always see traffic jams and accidents causing slowdowns--My husband drives the opposite way into downtown FTW and it takes him about 20-25 min on a good day and coming home is usually slower...

Using the more north route of 170 to 114 to N entry of DFW would probably be quicker but 114 would be busy on way back...

I live in Bedford, fairly close to the airport--right off a road that runs directly into DFW --it can take us anywhere from 15 min to 25/30 min depending on traffic and way we go to get to DFW to drop someone off at terminals---
so I think traveling as far as Haslet will take at least 30-35 on a good no-traffic day.

How far will you be off I-35 or 170??? Getting to the freeway itself will take probably half as much time as it takes to get to the airport as unlikely as that sounds. So you need to factor that into your drive time ... some of the roads around that area have stop signs where smaller roads intersect larger ones to regulate traffic instead of stop lights--which makes long lines during morning/evening commute---and some dangerousintersections to boot...
There is not such a great infrastructure of roads because lmuch of the land is still county controlled and undeveloped, rural and not city developed...
That will change since so many people are moving out there but not all that quickly--and having roads underconstruction means traffic hassles...

Old 03-31-2007, 09:09 AM

loves2read, thank you. A few of the houses we are looking at are actually pretty close to the freeways.
I do know what you mean by taking so long to get the the freeway. Where we live now, there is so much traffic the 3 miles to the freeway can take over 20 minutes.
I think we are just going to have to come out and do it. Thank you for your well thought out post.
MBG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth