Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 AM

25 posts, read 63,680 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I'm a fresh graduate from SW Pennsylvania, I'm 23, and it's starting to look like I have the opportunity to relocate to Fort Worth. I've never been to Texas before, but I've always been interested in the Southwest and Tex/Mex culture...especially the food and music. But I was just curious about how Fort Worth would fair for somebody in the early/mid 20s age bracket. I really like how Fort Worth looks to have a strong cultural scene and a smaller feel to it, but yet there's the added bonus of Dallas and the rest of the Metroplex being right down the road to explore. The Trinity River project for both Fort Worth and Dallas looks incredibe too.

But would you reccomend Fort Worth as a place to live for somebody in my age group with a lot of activities to do? Are there any areas/districts where people my age tend to live/rent or go to for entertainment? Is there a good amount of nightlife for somebody my age? How is the dating scene, and does it seem like meeting people for friendship and relationships is easy to do? Also, I'm a musician and already big on Texas Blues and "real" country music, but exactly how diverse is Fort Worth's music scene? Does it also have good opportunities for indie and modern alternative/rock acts as well?

Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate any oppinions or comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 02:10 AM

307 posts, read 1,181,504 times
Fort Worth is considered more laid back and family friendly. Dallas will be faster and has more events. Both are fine, FW might edge Dallas, for cultural things like museums, arts, etc. Bar/social scene definitely favors Dallas and you'll probably meet more people easier there. Hope that helps for a start.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,698,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratocaster86 View Post
Hey,

I'm a fresh graduate from SW Pennsylvania, I'm 23, and it's starting to look like I have the opportunity to relocate to Fort Worth. I've never been to Texas before, but I've always been interested in the Southwest and Tex/Mex culture...especially the food and music. But I was just curious about how Fort Worth would fair for somebody in the early/mid 20s age bracket. I really like how Fort Worth looks to have a strong cultural scene and a smaller feel to it, but yet there's the added bonus of Dallas and the rest of the Metroplex being right down the road to explore. The Trinity River project for both Fort Worth and Dallas looks incredibe too.

But would you reccomend Fort Worth as a place to live for somebody in my age group with a lot of activities to do? Are there any areas/districts where people my age tend to live/rent or go to for entertainment? Is there a good amount of nightlife for somebody my age? How is the dating scene, and does it seem like meeting people for friendship and relationships is easy to do? Also, I'm a musician and already big on Texas Blues and "real" country music, but exactly how diverse is Fort Worth's music scene? Does it also have good opportunities for indie and modern alternative/rock acts as well?

Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate any oppinions or comments
No. FW not geared towards 20's somethings. Maybe a tad near TCU area.

Austin is a 3 hour drive and that has a great music scence and 100% geared toward early 20's crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: