Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:03 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I live not to far from the new Walker Creek and know that it is rated exemplary by TEA--there were lots of people buying in Forest Glenn because of the other new school out there...I did not know they were replacement schools--
Birdville is a good district--hard to get hired there because few teachers leave--it has good pay scale and pretty good admin I think--certainly not a lot of infighting on the board like Keller went through a couple of years ago...and NRHills and Hurst have been pretty aggressive about creating some business growth to take the burden off residential homeowners--NRHills was getting pretty stagnant when the North Hills Mall closed and all the other ventures to move into that spot fizzled...it has managed to keep the car dealers and the stuff on Rufe Snow is still staying in business -- the water park is doing well--at least before this summer--and the miniature golf place was redone and seems to be drawing a pretty good crowd...

so yes--there are definitely worse districts for a quality education...I think Birdville -- for its demographics/size--has a decent number of National Merit semifinalists over the past few years as well...
The two new schools that opened this year replacing others were Jack Binion which is actually in Richland Hills on Glenview Dr and O.H. Stowe in Haltom City. Walker Creek is the next newest and was built in 2004.
The newest one before that was Green Valley back in 1992, which may be the one you are thinking of, but it's certainly not new.

BISD has students in far more than NRH...there's also Richland Hills, Hurst, Haltom City and Watauga. Then again NRH is the third largest city in Tarrant County, so it doesn't really hurt for tax income like many others do.....haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 07:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
my area of Hurst is in Birdville ISD
I thought Green Valley was newer than that...

Old 05-01-2011, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,389 times
Just wish the Birdville Schools Administrators stop Voting themselves Large Bonuses at Christmas time,and stop Expanding People Salaries.They only Post a Chart,that is the Base Pay,not Actual Pay.Their Salaries are way off the Chart,way more than any Teachers make,yet get more time off,and Less work.So much Politics,even the Superintendent,and School Board is Hand Picked.You would Learn alot more in those Secret Board Meetings,the ones that are unannounced.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:58 PM

308 posts, read 637,842 times
We sent three kids through BISD. All on to college - well known public and private universities. The district prepared them all very well for success after high school.

I have no complaints after 20 years of having kids in the schools here. There's a great mix of socioeconomic levels, races, creeds, and colors. Your kids will be exposed to all that life has to offer.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 AM

21 posts, read 56,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrystal654 View Post
Just wish the Birdville Schools Administrators stop Voting themselves Large Bonuses at Christmas time,and stop Expanding People Salaries.They only Post a Chart,that is the Base Pay,not Actual Pay.Their Salaries are way off the Chart,way more than any Teachers make,yet get more time off,and Less work.So much Politics,even the Superintendent,and School Board is Hand Picked.You would Learn alot more in those Secret Board Meetings,the ones that are unannounced.
With the corruption in politics today, at absolutely every level, this post doesn't surprise me at all. When a local and state government decide it's better to cut education spending than to cut their salaries and/or other excessive waste projects, you know your society is in trouble.

Having said that, I also find it a bit strange that chrystal654 registered yesterday, and has only this one post to their credit. I fear that you may be a BISD employee, or former employee, who is getting the short end of the stick. If that is the case, I am truly sorry for your current difficulties. But I'm even more sorry that I mistakenly voted for the worthless %#*&@% that is doing this to you - and our future. I will never fall for Rick Perry's lies again.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
anyone who believes that business is being conducted in secret session that is supposed to be done in open session can file complaints and make their views know--
they can go to the open sessions if nothing else and confront the school board about what that person feels is improper behavior
there is usually a reporter sitting in the back and that person might be interested enough to follow up

everyone who teaches knows that admin staff in many positions get paid more than teachers--that is one of the two top reasons teachers stop teaching and go into admin in the first place
The superintendent's salary is a matter of public record--and his perks
I don't think that Admin staff get more time off because they are required to work the longer schedule and as for doing less work--that depends too
I have know many English teachers in my dept who did much less work than I did and because they were hired longer got paid more

Old 05-05-2011, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,343 times
Birdville High is an excellent school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth