Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 06:04 PM

20 posts, read 52,237 times

Advertisements

Hi all -- I live in South Carolina but have taken a job in Arlington, and will be working in the Texas Health Resources Tower on East Lamar Blvd. My wife and I are 30 with no kids, 1 small dog (sheltie, inside dog). Can anybody recommend a few areas to look at for renting an apt / townhome that would be an acceptable commute (30 min or less)? My wife likes to run, bike, and swim as hobbies. I'm in the area now looking around, but everything I've seen in the Arlington and Grand Prairie areas seems like strip malls after strip malls, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Our budget is $1400 or under.

Thanks, appreciate any comments.

Last edited by gaetano01; 05-06-2009 at 06:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 05:50 PM

394 posts, read 1,257,176 times
I work in the same area of E Lamar as you will soon and lived in corporate apartments in North Grand Prairie off of Riverside Pkwy @ 360. Those apartments are nice and have garages. There are lots of folk who walk and run on the sidewalk along Riverside Pkwy down towards to golf course. Most apartments also have pools. I relocated to the area from NYC and currently live in Bedford. Renting is a no risk/low risk option and the apartments in GP are pretty nice right off of 360. When it comes time to purchase your home, consider Euless or Bedford.

Oh, the commute from Riverside Pkwy to 612 E Lamar is about 12 minutes at worst.

-Eric

Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 PM

20 posts, read 52,237 times
went with a place at 7th st station in downtown ft worth -- i was sold by its location right next to trinity park trails.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:44 AM

350 posts, read 1,288,626 times
There are a couple of very nice apt complexes up on the northern part of the Green Oaks probably no more than 5 minutes from THR. That area is about the hilliest part of DFW and there are a lot of trees, it's a nice area.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:39 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,409 times
Other than downtown Dallas and downtown Ft. Worth, the entire metroplex (the whole country really) is basically "strip mall after strip mall". However, there is life around here besides just the strip malls.

Neighborhoods and apartment complexes exist behind and between the strip malls. You just have to stop and walk around a little rather than drive right through saying "oh my it's nothing but strip malls".

I used to live in South Carolina, and my opinion is that it's far better in the Metroplex.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:05 PM

37 posts, read 91,898 times
Hi, there. If you are going to be working in the Arlington area and want to be close to parks and lakes, you might want to consider properties in the Joe Pool Lake area in Grand Prairie. There are a few apartment complexes in the area that would fit your needs, as well as homes if you decide to buy in the future. Another option would be Grapevine, which is a short commute to Arlington. It offers shopping, easy access to the airport, and a large lake. I'm familiar with many areas since I'm a real realtor. If I can answer any questions, please feel free to email me at meganmkelley@aol.com. Good luck!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:59 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganmkelley View Post
Hi, there. If you are going to be working in the Arlington area and want to be close to parks and lakes, you might want to consider properties in the Joe Pool Lake area in Grand Prairie. There are a few apartment complexes in the area that would fit your needs, as well as homes if you decide to buy in the future. Another option would be Grapevine, which is a short commute to Arlington. It offers shopping, easy access to the airport, and a large lake. I'm familiar with many areas since I'm a real realtor. If I can answer any questions, please feel free to email me at meganmkelley@aol.com. Good luck!
Either of these options are tough commutes. Might as well live in a loft in downtown Ft Worth.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:27 AM

32 posts, read 119,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aporkalypse View Post
There are a couple of very nice apt complexes up on the northern part of the Green Oaks probably no more than 5 minutes from THR. That area is about the hilliest part of DFW and there are a lot of trees, it's a nice area.
i would 2nd this post. River Legacy Park is a nice park with hiking/biking trails.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:48 PM

36 posts, read 120,395 times
Default Home for Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetano01 View Post
went with a place at 7th st station in downtown ft worth -- i was sold by its location right next to trinity park trails.
Glad to hear you found something "west". A lot of people don't like the strip mall madness and traffic of Arlington and Mansfield. I have lived in SW Fort Worth (near Hulen Mall) for 16 years and love it here. I also love the close and easy access it gives me to downtown Ft.Worth and the westside Camp Bowie corridor where you found a place to live. If you are interested in a home we have one for sale in a very nice neighborhood at a great price. It's probably a 20 min commute to your Arlington job but keeps you on the west side of town...avoiding all the traffic and congestion of mid-cities and Arlington area. I sent you a private friend request. If interested, contact me! Thanks and have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth