Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:02 PM

28 posts, read 85,753 times

Advertisements

I've seen posts about Keller, Colleyville and Southlake. What about Euless, Bedford and NRH? My husband and I are going to be stuck renting an apartment for a couple of years. Our kids are grown so we don't have that issue. Would like safe, close to shopping, nice park nearby to walk our dog. Please give me your thoughts on those three areas. Also any apartment complexes we should avoid or that you can recommend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 12:53 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,402,944 times
There are nice apartments all thoughout the MidCities area. Hurst, Euless & Bedford or HEB. I know with Euless you might see some DFW air traffic, but I am betting that Synopsis or Loves2Read will have some great specifics to help you as they are from the area.

We have driven ALL over the area looking for us and really like NRH, but not sure about the apartments there. There are some really nice areas up off of 121.

Another really nice area is Los Colinas up off of 635 in Irving.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:51 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,790,505 times
jamaiah01, I live in Hurst and there are some very nice parks around here. There are some pretty nice apartments and town homes off Harwood, both east and west of precinct line road. Do a search on the 76054 zip code. There are alot of shopping options around here (tons of them), and Northeast Mall is only about 1 mile away. Lots of restaurants, etc. as well. Good luck! PM me if you need more info.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:35 PM

Sounds like the Hurst area has everything we're looking for. We'll look there as well as NRH. We plan on driving around the area tomorrow to take a look around. Thank you Guingirl and Synopsis.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 PM

9 posts, read 42,014 times
I think North Richland hills is supposed to have a relatively low crime rate...I will check and see if I can find that link where I read that...it's an article that grafts all of the dfw suburbs with various statistics...if i find it, i will post it here

Old 04-06-2007, 07:54 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
don't think Mid-Cities have any "new" apartments---most of them are at least 15 years old and probably more like 25--but still seem to be viable properties--(and don't really know names of any apartments even though I drive past some almost every day) don't know pet policies either

...in general you want to be north of Airport Frwy...Hwy 183..

you might consider renting a duplex or townhome in Bedford or Hurst--
Bedford has apt complex that went condo years ago and they always have units for sale--these are off Bedford Rd and Forest Ridge drive and back up to very nice, large city park called The Boys' Ranch lots of trees and walking trails--has a city pool in park and roller hocky rink away from the condos...

some people think older has better construction and larger rooms--management would be big issue and that is pretty easy to tell from just driving through the complex--if there is laundry room for sections instead of in apts, get a look and see inside--how old are machines--how dirty is room--if people/management don't keep it clean probably other stuff is not done very well either---drive by in daytime and at night to see noise levels and types of cars people are driving-----that to me is big indicator of who is living there and if you like what you see--

I would call city police dept and ask about calls made to any apartments you are considering--types of problems there should be matter of public record--FTW paper posts the address of police calls each week in towns in Tarrant Co like Bedford/Hurst/Colleyville/etc so anyone can see general area where something happens and if you know blocks/streets you can tell ----don't know why they would not give you some general info...

some apartments in Mid-Cities have HUD type renters which makes a difference to most people but those might be in lower price range than you are looking for...

these would be my recommendation if you want something fairly nice--don't know anything about rents/pet policies/laundry facilities/etc--most have some trees--which I think make a nice addition to landscaping...shopping/restaurants/liquor/ access into Dallas or FTW are pretty easy from any of them

1--Euless or Grapevine--not sure city limit-- some pretty nice apartments (have 3 levels of units) right off Cheek-Sparger and 360, close to airport--my son lived in one about 8 years ago when he got his first teaching job and moved out of house--they stiil look nice from outside and he did not complain about the noise too much---

2---some gated apts right on Airport Frwy access rd in Bedford--some apts are really close to the road but some are further toward back of complex--3 levels--don't think there are elevators there...I think these are the newest in Bedford and are about 13 years old, maybe a little more...

3---In Bedford off Cummiings Rd w of Central Drive (close to Bedford Heights Elementary school and in a basically residential area)--think probably very quiet-- not lot of street noise except in morning when people drop kids off and around 315 when they are picked up--weekends no problems--2 nice complexes--could be same management co--they have red brick exteriors and look a lot alike--think just 2 levels...probably have families w/children but the fiance (now husband) of my best friend's daughter lived there when he graduated from college for while before they bought their house (about 5 years ago)they are picky people and thought these were nice, well-kept complex, --easy to get to airport frwy into FTW--close to shopping/grocery/mall--great grounds w/ many oak trees...

4---S of Harwood Rd in Bedford--off Martin --someone I taught with lived there for several years and she seemed pretty happy there as single female--there is complex w/ units like townhomes across the street--not sure if it is same management complex...

4---In Bedford, there are apts east of 114 on border w/Euless--they have trees
One is off Bedford Rd and one more north just south of Harwood...don't know anyone who has lived there

5---My daughter had friends who lived in apts off Bedford Rd east of Central Dr. --city built a new police station not too far away--they liked apt because of its layout--not just rectangle--dont know name--lived there about 5 yrs ago when they were just out of college and left when bought house...

Don't know about apts in Hurst or Euless-..The girl who cuts my hair and is friend of my daughter lives in comples in N. Richland Hills right off Harwood and Grapevine Hwy--think she moved there because it is close to her shop and TCC where she is going to school right now--but don't think she likes managment there very much...

If any of these sound like something you would want to know more about, ask and I will drive by and get the names--you can maybe do the same thing with a Google search and map check...

Old 04-07-2007, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
don't think Mid-Cities have any "new" apartments---most of them are at least 15 years old and probably more like 25--but still seem to be viable properties--(and don't really know names of any apartments even though I drive past some almost every day) don't know pet policies either

...in general you want to be north of Airport Frwy...Hwy 183..

you might consider renting a duplex or townhome in Bedford or Hurst--
Bedford has apt complex that went condo years ago and they always have units for sale--these are off Bedford Rd and Forest Ridge drive and back up to very nice, large city park called The Boys' Ranch lots of trees and walking trails--has a city pool in park and roller hocky rink away from the condos...

some people think older has better construction and larger rooms--management would be big issue and that is pretty easy to tell from just driving through the complex--if there is laundry room for sections instead of in apts, get a look and see inside--how old are machines--how dirty is room--if people/management don't keep it clean probably other stuff is not done very well either---drive by in daytime and at night to see noise levels and types of cars people are driving-----that to me is big indicator of who is living there and if you like what you see--

I would call city police dept and ask about calls made to any apartments you are considering--types of problems there should be matter of public record--FTW paper posts the address of police calls each week in towns in Tarrant Co like Bedford/Hurst/Colleyville/etc so anyone can see general area where something happens and if you know blocks/streets you can tell ----don't know why they would not give you some general info...

some apartments in Mid-Cities have HUD type renters which makes a difference to most people but those might be in lower price range than you are looking for...

these would be my recommendation if you want something fairly nice--don't know anything about rents/pet policies/laundry facilities/etc--most have some trees--which I think make a nice addition to landscaping...shopping/restaurants/liquor/ access into Dallas or FTW are pretty easy from any of them

1--Euless or Grapevine--not sure city limit-- some pretty nice apartments (have 3 levels of units) right off Cheek-Sparger and 360, close to airport--my son lived in one about 8 years ago when he got his first teaching job and moved out of house--they stiil look nice from outside and he did not complain about the noise too much---

2---some gated apts right on Airport Frwy access rd in Bedford--some apts are really close to the road but some are further toward back of complex--3 levels--don't think there are elevators there...I think these are the newest in Bedford and are about 13 years old, maybe a little more...

3---In Bedford off Cummiings Rd w of Central Drive (close to Bedford Heights Elementary school and in a basically residential area)--think probably very quiet-- not lot of street noise except in morning when people drop kids off and around 315 when they are picked up--weekends no problems--2 nice complexes--could be same management co--they have red brick exteriors and look a lot alike--think just 2 levels...probably have families w/children but the fiance (now husband) of my best friend's daughter lived there when he graduated from college for while before they bought their house (about 5 years ago)they are picky people and thought these were nice, well-kept complex, --easy to get to airport frwy into FTW--close to shopping/grocery/mall--great grounds w/ many oak trees...

4---S of Harwood Rd in Bedford--off Martin --someone I taught with lived there for several years and she seemed pretty happy there as single female--there is complex w/ units like townhomes across the street--not sure if it is same management complex...

4---In Bedford, there are apts east of 114 on border w/Euless--they have trees
One is off Bedford Rd and one more north just south of Harwood...don't know anyone who has lived there

5---My daughter had friends who lived in apts off Bedford Rd east of Central Dr. --city built a new police station not too far away--they liked apt because of its layout--not just rectangle--dont know name--lived there about 5 yrs ago when they were just out of college and left when bought house...

Don't know about apts in Hurst or Euless-..The girl who cuts my hair and is friend of my daughter lives in comples in N. Richland Hills right off Harwood and Grapevine Hwy--think she moved there because it is close to her shop and TCC where she is going to school right now--but don't think she likes managment there very much...

If any of these sound like something you would want to know more about, ask and I will drive by and get the names--you can maybe do the same thing with a Google search and map check...
Wow, you really know the area well loves2read. And you are correct, it's generally best to stay North of 183.

Those apartments that back up to the Boys Ranch and in general the whole area around there is very nice. There are also some very nice town homes right around the Bedford/Hurst city line around Brown Trail and Harwood, right next door to Bedford Junior High.

As for apartments, between Bedford and Hurst, my vote would have to go with Bedford for having the nicest apartments in the area.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:49 AM

Thanks for the tip on staying north of 183. I was wondering where the "line" was. My thoughts were to drive around the mid cities and find some areas we like and then look from there. I'm open to Grapevine, that's as far north as I would want I think. I like the look of the town. Being close to DFW wouldn't bother me noise-wise, but my husband suffers from asthma so I'm concerned about the air quality there. I don't think it's great anywhere in the metroplex though.

I would like a newer apartment, but some of those prices resemble a mortgage payment! My ideal place would to be a small house, townhome, duplex, or a fourplex, something older with some charm, not sure how to find that.

I know a few people who live in Keller. I didn't see many apartments available there at least from looking online. We'll drive around today and see what we find. I may have some questions on specific areas when we get back home. Thanks again, you've all been very helpful! I love this forum.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:42 AM

I'll try and take some pics of the area apartments tomorrow with my trusy Cannon a540 jamaih01. I hope this helps you in your search!

Old 04-07-2007, 07:31 PM

We found an apartment in Bedford that we like. We loved the area and the grounds were full of trees. Even on a Saturday afternoon it was quiet. Thanks for all your help! We look forward to moving to that area soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth