Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 08:32 PM

55 posts, read 146,117 times

Advertisements

As per my other posts, we live in AUS and are trying to move to FW to live near family. We recently came over to look at houses and are trying to sort out mortgages, jobs, etc now.

We are down to 2 houses - one in Ryan Place and one in Berkeley. Both on nice streets near respective parks. Both near the schools.

So...any comments on which neighborhood is "best"? We have one 2 year old and hope to get prego with another baby soon. I will be stay at home Mom. Husband will work offshore and then hopefully get local job.

Seeking family friendly, safe neighborhood to settle down in and become part of the neighborhood (and hopefully live a long time).

My personal thoughts - Berkeley seems to be the better neighborhood (walk to park, pool, zoo, restaurants (Esperanza area)) for us but the house is about $100K more. I am thinking that the house in Ryan Place will be "good enough" and for $100K I can drive a bit more.

Thoughts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 09:37 AM

8 posts, read 23,759 times
I live in Fairmount, the neighborhood directly north of ryan place. Ryan Place is nice, we almost bought a house in Ryan Place, but we were able to get more house for the money in Fairmout, about 2 blocks from Magnolia.

Ryan Place is a nice neighborhood where almost all the homes are fixed up and well maintained. Fairmount is getting there, which is why we chose to move there. Everything you would want to go to is about the same distance between ryan place and berkeley.

Bottom line, if money isn't an issue, go with Berkeley. If it is, you won't go wrong with Ryan Place. Just try to stay closer to the middle of the neighborhood, there's railroad tracks right behind ryan place ave, and the houses on the other end of the neighborhood (Ryan Ave) aren't as nice as the other streets.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:45 PM

55 posts, read 146,117 times
Thanks fwag. We will see how it goes with the offer on the Berkeley house and keep our eye out in Ryan pLace as well. I was just reading the Ryan Place newsletter - there seems to be a ton of community activities. I hope Berkeley has these sort of things as well!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth