Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 07:26 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,539 times

Advertisements

Ohhhh CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I hope that all are doing well this morning and you will just have an exciting story to tell your granddaughter about the night she was born.

I know on the way to having my daughter is started to rain and then there was this great big rainbow. So I told her she was born on a rainbow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 08:18 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
congrats on the new granbaby!!
Keller faired very well, but the sirens going off freaked the kids out. we got some wind, and some rain, no hail here.

Aledo and that area got the worst of it. we saw pics last night of the hail, it looked like SNOW drifts!! amazing.

Hopefully no-one had too much damage.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:52 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Well we had a real fun night. We don't know how the weather in Keller was because we were in Fort Worth sitting in the hallway of Harris Methodist Hospital watching our daughter go through labor in a wheelchair. Them darn tornadoes.

Everything turned out alright and daughter and granddaughter are doing wonderful. Son-in-law is in 7th heaven, on cloud nine, but tired, Grandparents are not so well, we don't so well on little sleep anymore.
Congrats! That was one stormy arrival by your granddaughter.

It's such a beautiful day today. Isn't that usually the case the day after severe weather?

Old 04-18-2008, 11:18 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Congrats! That was one stormy arrival by your granddaughter.

It's such a beautiful day today. Isn't that usually the case the day after severe weather?
If you heard her cry you would understand why she was ushuered in by the tornado. Such a big voice for such a petite little princess. What a beautiful day!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
congrats on the new granbaby!!
Keller faired very well, but the sirens going off freaked the kids out. we got some wind, and some rain, no hail here.

Aledo and that area got the worst of it. we saw pics last night of the hail, it looked like SNOW drifts!! amazing.

Hopefully no-one had too much damage.
Keller, appeared to miss the brunt of it. I was looking for some pics to save for our granddaughter. Any links or pics would be greatly appreciated. My wife is starting a scrape book already. Nah we re not proud grandparents. I am sure we won't spoil her.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Ohhhh CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I hope that all are doing well this morning and you will just have an exciting story to tell your granddaughter about the night she was born.

I know on the way to having my daughter is started to rain and then there was this great big rainbow. So I told her she was born on a rainbow
Everyone is doing fine now that we had some sleep. Could not have asked for a more dramatic arrival and a more beautiful first day for her. Thank goodness our daughter and her husband already had a name picked out, you never know what name they might have picked out with that storm as inspiration. We have our first native Texan, hoping her first words are y'all.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:04 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
they could have named her "hailey" lol

and no, you don't don't sound proud at all!!

for links to pics, check out the news sites soem of the pictures were pretty cool!!

Old 04-18-2008, 01:02 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,287,346 times
Beowulf, I thought about you last night since I know you're in FW. Glad you're okay. Hubby called a friend in FW and he told him that he didn't know a storm was coming either. He and his girlfriend were washing the two dogs in the bathtub when the hail started. He said looking outside afterwards it looked like snow in Alaska!

We're at 360 and 30 and kept our eyes on the tv all evening. We got prepared by making sure we could get to the inner bathtub and we put flashlights in that bathroom and got prepared to put shoes on. We were lucky, got only pea sized hail but alot of rain and high winds. I brought plants and everything inside from the balcony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
Hey y'all, I'm a reg down in the San Antonio forum...

I heard about you're storms today and the images were shocking to say the least! I'm glad that each and every one of you were able to make it through unharmed.

Thanks Anthony!

Quote:
Everyone is doing fine now that we had some sleep. Could not have asked for a more dramatic arrival and a more beautiful first day for her. Thank goodness our daughter and her husband already had a name picked out, you never know what name they might have picked out with that storm as inspiration. We have our first native Texan, hoping her first words are y'all.
Soccersupporter, congratulations! What a wild night y'all had! Here's a name that I saw on tv the other day for a girl: Stormy. Would have been apt!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:59 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,615,317 times
Quote:
Well we had a real fun night. We don't know how the weather in Keller was because we were in Fort Worth sitting in the hallway of Harris Methodist Hospital watching our daughter go through labor in a wheelchair. Them darn tornadoes.

Everything turned out alright and daughter and granddaughter are doing wonderful. Son-in-law is in 7th heaven, on cloud nine, but tired, Grandparents are not so well, we don't so well on little sleep anymore.
Congrats on the new little one! Hope you get caught up on your sleep tonight!

Old 04-19-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Congrats on the new little one! Hope you get caught up on your sleep tonight!
It's all smiles and sunny blue skies today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth