U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:57 PM

11,878 posts, read 34,957,887 times

Advertisements

There is a tornado watch until midnight tonight for the metropolitan area. They say the area is ripe for what is perhaps the most severe weather we have seen in some time. Let's hope everyone out there stays safe!

http://www.wfaa.com/s/dws/img/standing/weather/radar/dop640awfaa.gif (broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 04:18 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,789,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
There is a tornado watch until midnight tonight for the metropolitan area. They say the area is ripe for what is perhaps the most severe weather we have seen in some time. Let's hope everyone out there stays safe!

http://www.wfaa.com/s/dws/img/standing/weather/radar/dop640awfaa.gif (broken link)
Ohhhh, I just hate this weather. I have my tornado bag ready with weather alert, flashlights, cell phone, and water to high-tail it down to the storm cellar if need by. Perhaps the neighbors and I will have a gab session in the bunker (as my children call it) tonight.

I hadn't heard our weather friends say that is may be the most severe weather we've seen in some time. Ugh! This may be a sleepless night.

Stupid storms ruin the beauty of Spring and put more gray hair on my head.

Thanks for the radar right on the forum. That's great.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:23 PM

8,669 posts, read 21,229,868 times
Default Possible bad weather

I've heard that too, but I'm praying that none of it will materialize!

Old 04-13-2007, 04:24 PM

14,864 posts, read 39,671,387 times
Yep. We have been expecting it all day. It was supposed to have started much earlier this morning w/ a high potential for large hail, damaging wind, etc. I've seen a spit of rain off and on today. The sun peeked out for a sec earlier and now LOTS of wind. By the wind and the looks of the dark clouds to my east you would think it was getting ready to bite the big one but nothing on the radar. I so love the internet. Used to be when bad weather happened especially in the middle of the night you turned on the tv and waited and waited until they broke in. Now I can go straight to my computer to wfaa.com (channel 8 here in Dallas) and pull up the large regional animated radar and see EXACTLY where the storms are and which direction they are moving. LOVE IT! Oh well, I've got one kid still at school for a special function. Gotta go get her a bit earlier as I don't want to be caught out in it. That and all the traffic. NO THANKS!!! Oh, and the dealership called me and told me my car was ready. Um, I'll come get it tomorrow thank ya. I am NOT driving to way up in Plano almost to Frisco at 5:00 on a Friday afternoon w/ this weather. GADS, the traffic would be horid.

Everyone stay safe.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:31 PM

And here's the Tarrant radar from good 'ol WFAA. I agree with momof2 about the accessibility these days due to the Internet and great sites like WFAA (who has the best radar locally). Gotta like Troy and his bow ties too.. Geez, this thing is moving FAST.
http://www.wfaa.com/s/dws/img/standing/weather/radar/regional/dop640tarrant.gif (broken link)

Last edited by Synopsis; 04-13-2007 at 04:41 PM..

Old 04-13-2007, 05:31 PM

We had a hailstorm hit here in Hurst like you wouldn't believe. The hailstones were near the size of tennis balls and came down like a fury. I'm sure that we'll need a new roof. I think my satellite dish is wiped out. Here are a few pics.

This one's a little blurry because I had to slow down the shutter speed so as not to use the flash, but you get the picture..

Old 04-13-2007, 05:47 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,106,595 times
We had sirens go off and opened up the back door to see what looked like a tornado forming. Like newbies we just went...duhhhh WOW! Get the camera! We had golf ball sized hail here.

Now its sunny here in Saginaw.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 PM

Yes, it's cleared up here as well. I feel pretty fortunate there wasn't more damage. The wind vents on my roof look like they were beaten with a hammer.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:32 PM

1,081 posts, read 3,623,714 times
My Pop and Grandma have told me about this stuff...but I have never witnessed it..thank you for the pics...scary stuff.
Stay safe all.
MBG

Old 04-14-2007, 07:01 AM

33,210 posts, read 52,521,913 times
here in Bedford N of Airport Frwy--had hail about mothball or big jaw breakers--we were lucky--no big tree limbs down--no lost power---
went to check on house of friend in Colleyville just off Cheek Sparger--she flew into Chicago Friday afternoon just before storm hit---her house seemed ok--but her neighbor across street had kitchen skylight broken by hail (2 on patio were fine)...

I was afraid my cat was outside during the storm and was outside calling for him as soon as the hail stopped--went over to neighbors' houses to see if he had taken shelter on their patios---my husband came out in about 15 min and had the cat in his arms--big bubba was asleep on our bed and I did not go there during the storm--was really glad to see him--he could have lost an eye or worse if he was out during that storm---

hailed so hard that we really could not see between the hail stones and they left the yard looking almost white all over--
don't know how bad the roof might be--ironically we have guy who owns a roofing co who moved across the street about 3 months ago--maybe we can get a good deal ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth