Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 02:02 PM

236 posts, read 1,202,946 times

Advertisements

Should I go with Uverse for cable and Charter for internet? Or is AT&T internet DSL not too bad?

Also... I'm a recent college graduate and new to this. What exactly is kwh? kilowatts per hour? What does that mean specifically if its like 10.9?

Any advice or tips on these would be much appreciated! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 02:20 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,267 times
If you can get Uverse you might be able to get the FIOS (fiber) connection. If you can, it's much faster than DSL.

Personally, I despised the uVerse service (mostly because I despise television programming), so I ordered Uverse to get the Fios internet connection and then cancelled the TV services.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:24 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
KWH is killowat hours--electrical use/billing that your electric bill is based on and you pay per KWH for usage--so the lower the amount like .09 vs .11 the lower your bill for the same KWH use..
of course there are taxes and if a company quotes you a very low KWH charge on your contract, they also have the right to boost the charge if they get caught paying more for the electricity they buy...
IF YOU ARE RENTING MAKE SURE YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR ELECTRICAL PROVIDER--THAT YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO BE BILLED BY YOUR APT--that is very expensive and you are forced to pay whatever the apt complex sets as your rate...
some apts are like that ...some are not...so make sure that you DO have freedom of choice and call a couple of electric providers to see if they can indeed be provider at that complex....

if you are renting you probably can't get UVerse--your apt complex will be doing business with a cable provider and most apts are too old and it would be too expensive to rewire for UVerse

ATT is available in certain areas and Verizon is available in certain areas--not both in the same...
just like conventional cable companies--they have monopoly contracts with cities to provide service--

Old 06-29-2009, 05:54 PM

236 posts, read 1,202,946 times
yeah we got a place near aledo/white settlement right on the highway 820 loop called wynhaven at westpoint

we pick our own electricity provider and cable and internet is either at&t uverse or charter....

i keep hearing things about at&t so prob goin with them... i really just want the basic channels and HD and it was like $99 for the U100, HD, and 6mb internet... not bad i think. maybe they have that fiber optic thing? not sure in my area... i know the verizon fios isnt available in my area though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: