Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 07:34 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

have any problems with your claims

know anything about Premier Service Program
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 07:39 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Never had a problem with a claim and I've been with State Farm for over 40 years. When something happens, they pay off like a slot machine with very little trouble. I couldn't be happier.

And, nope, never heard of the Premier Service Program.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:26 PM

10 posts, read 32,521 times
I worked for SF Insurance 5-6 years ago, and if I remember correctly this service is related to auto claims. Back then, it worked like this -- Premier Service shops meet certain requirements (quality, training, warranty, equipment etc), and can complete the repair estimate, send it to SF, and begin work immediately (with out SF needing to see the car first and complete their own estimate). SF will send you a copy of the estimate with a check made out to you and the shop. You sign the check over to the shop when you are satisfied with the work. You are responsible for your deductibe, it applicable.SF inspectors look at a percentage of the cars as a spot check. It should streamline the repairs for you and the shop so you aren't sitting around waiting for SF to complete the inspeciton and estimate so the shop can start the work.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:29 PM

this is house claim not auto
I just wondered when this came into being--we have been with State Farm for more than 25 yrs and have not done this type of transaction before...did not ask for it yet they act like we signed up for it...

are all policies under this title now

Old 07-08-2009, 06:48 PM

10 posts, read 32,521 times
Is it along the same lines - contractor writes an estimate, and gets the OK to start work before SF sees the damage? If so, it was an option back when I was working at the company. Using a "premier service" contractor would streamline the process. They were prescreened, and had agreed with state farm as to labor costs, material costs, etc. Policyholders were able (and should still be able) to use whoever they would like, but if it is not a premier service contractor, SF would want to see the damage first, and then you will have to make sure SF and your contractor agree as to the scope of damage and the cost of repairs. Most contractors would work with our estimates and call SF directly if they saw additional damage. It sounds like whoever you dealt with did not do a good job explaing the program and your options. I would call back and ask for more details. Hope it all works out for you.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 PM

we have had bad leak from air conditioner problem that caused water damage in house we moved out of...the company State Farm recommened we use for remediation was same one friend used a few weeks ago when her water heater developed leak and they did good job with hers...

think they did good job with us but was concerned because we did not want to use the same company to do the repair of premises...
we got letter from claims adjuster yesterday which sort of did and did not explain the program--and the claims agent's assistant gave us cursory overview when I called about the problem --my husband called--talked to someone--claims agent is coming out tomorrow--

we are probably going to do cash settlement because some of what would be replaced/repaired we had planned to change because of getting house ready to sell...so there is no reason to have carpet pad replaced or carpet cleaned when we are going to tile that floor...

the bedrooms might be salvageable -- but the ceilings have damage and we were going to take out the popcorn acoustic anyway...

I am just concerned about making sure there is no mold--the remediation techs said that everything affected showed to be dry Sunday so they took out all drying equipment...just want to make sure they found everything -- of course in a house w/o AC it seems that it would be to hot for mold to grow anyway...

Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
we have had bad leak from air conditioner problem that caused water damage in house we moved out of...the company State Farm recommened we use for remediation was same one friend used a few weeks ago when her water heater developed leak and they did good job with hers...

think they did good job with us but was concerned because we did not want to use the same company to do the repair of premises...
we got letter from claims adjuster yesterday which sort of did and did not explain the program--and the claims agent's assistant gave us cursory overview when I called about the problem --my husband called--talked to someone--claims agent is coming out tomorrow--

we are probably going to do cash settlement because some of what would be replaced/repaired we had planned to change because of getting house ready to sell...so there is no reason to have carpet pad replaced or carpet cleaned when we are going to tile that floor...

the bedrooms might be salvageable -- but the ceilings have damage and we were going to take out the popcorn acoustic anyway...

I am just concerned about making sure there is no mold--the remediation techs said that everything affected showed to be dry Sunday so they took out all drying equipment...just want to make sure they found everything -- of course in a house w/o AC it seems that it would be to hot for mold to grow anyway...

If mold is your only concern, you can spray the affected area with a 1 to 4 mixture of Chlorox and water yourself. That should prevent any future problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth