Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a home in north fort worth/keller area-- below the alliance freeway and between 377 and I-35. We have found many and are trying to decide how much to offer for these homes. Most of the homes we have looked at are less than 5 years old and have from 1800 - 2500 sq. ft. and our price range is 140K - 160K. We have looked at the "comps" our Realtor provided us and they show homes selling for about 98% of what they are listed for. Are these reliable? What percentage of list price do homes normally sell for in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 12:51 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,954 times
That sounds about right for that area.

You can validate the appraised value of homes here: Real Estate Search by Location Address

Just put the address in.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:12 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
unless the home is truly foreclosure or short sale--you won't be getting it at a big discount
the market here has stabalized in the lower priced homes now --
most of the bigger discounts are in homes 600K+ and usually closer to 1MM

the comps your realtor gave you should be for the same neighborhood and within the past 6 months--if you look at homes in two or more subdivisions you should have separate comps done for each neighborhood--even if they have the same builders/size homes...
and remember that TAD (Tarrant county appraisal tax authority) values are not necessarily market values...TAD has been raising home appraisals despite many homes in some neighborhoods having lower selling prices...
IF you do buy a home for less than the appraisal value--you need to present that info next year when it is window to dispute valuations...
MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CONTRACT/OFFER HAS THE LANGUAGE THAT THE HOUSE WILL APPRAISE FOR AS MUCH OR MORE THAN THE CONTRACT/MORTGAGE PRICE....

Old 07-21-2009, 03:12 PM

78 posts, read 193,241 times
Just be careful on the Ft Worth addresses. The property taxes there are around 3% while most of the other areas are 1.95% (Roanoke) to 2.4% (Keller). Personally I did not want a Ft Worth address and pay 3% to live there. I would rather up my buying price.

Can you even find a house in Keller for that amount? Just remember that Keller ISD that realtors shout about just means Keller schools and not Keller area. My friend that moved here from out east got nailed on that one. He thought he was in Keller and he was actually in Ft Worth.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:34 PM

agree--but think most of that area is in FTW not Keller city limits

check ALL addresses you are interested in with Tarrant Appraisal District
that will give you the current taxing authorities and the city address
and will show you history of ownership and builder

but think now that zip code change is happening that the city will show FTW vs Keller in those areas...

Old 07-22-2009, 07:52 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times
Thanks for the info everyone-- it is very helpful. I have noticed they are technically in Fort Worth, but as GuitarPlayr said I can't find one that is actually in keller for that price. I guess I'll just have to suffer the high taxes (arrgh!)

Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 AM

there are other issues as well
like delayed response time for ambulance/police calls that I have read complaints about
poor roads
and other factors that go along with being in an area of the city that has perhaps been "overlooked" when maintenance/improvement needs are considered...

Old 07-22-2009, 08:33 AM

295 posts, read 948,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
there are other issues as well
like delayed response time for ambulance/police calls that I have read complaints about
poor roads
and other factors that go along with being in an area of the city that has perhaps been "overlooked" when maintenance/improvement needs are considered...
The zip code is changing to 76244 for most (or all) of the Heritage master community. I'm not sure about all the other areas west of 377 (i.e. VOWS, and other subdivisions) but I would guess the change will also apply to them. The notification from the post office said however, that you could continue to use Keller, TX as the city.

I think the delays come from people dialing the wrong Fire department or emergency service. It makes sense to be proactive as well and find out what your emergency numbers are as you move into a home. Most times these are provided by the builder or previous owner. Don't wait until you have an emergency!

I have seen a very good response from the city of FW as far as fixing roads goes. Yes, if nobody complains, you leave it up to the city to detect and fix the issues. I have personally emailed the city authority and have them respond to me within 24 hours. No complains there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth