U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 4,797 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I have been reading the posts in these forums for a while. I have finally decided to post.

I am moving to Fort Worth in a week. For the time being, I will be living in a hotel. I really have no clue where to live. I will be working on Taylor St and would like to stay in or close to downtown for now. I visited the area and viewed Ridglea Village, The Berkeley, Gallery 1701, AMLI Upper West Side, and 7th Street Station apartments. My top choices are Ridglea Village, The Berkeley, and AMLI Upper West Side. I am a bit concerned about the negative things I have heard about the area Ridglea is in. Is it really that bad? Do most people live outside of Fort Worth and commute in?

Do you know of any other apartments or areas you think are worth taking a look at. I would like to have grocery stores, shopping, etc nearby. I am concerned I will not be able to have this downtown.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,052,662 times
You may want to check out Montgomery Plaza. There are lofts above restaurants and it is in a shopping center and there is a Super Target right there. It looks like it is going towards the trendy lofty side and it is right between downtown and the cultural district.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:57 PM

20 posts, read 68,794 times
Many people do live outside of Fort Worth and commute in. However, many also live here and enjoy living close to the city, independent restaurants & businesses, and not having to commute. Here are some additional rental options that are cool and somewhat affordable. Links followed by color commentary.

Victory Arts Center
1420collegeftworth
Development Tour: Dalal Building Mixed-Use, Near Southside | Fort Worthology

What the Victory Arts Center lacks in location (let's say the area is "grungy") it makes up for in being pretty darn amazing. The College Ave. apartments are located in the up-and-coming (which also means a tad grungy) Fairmount District. People here are friendly, and it is the kind of neighborhood where people sit on their front porches and talk to their neighbors. The loft that was posted on Fortworthology looks cool, and if it is where I think it is, is near the Fairmount District and is located in the Near Southside (which is a 5 min drive from a Fiesta grocery store, and a 10 minute drive from Central Market, the grocery store all the other grocery stores want to take to the Prom).

Good luck with the search!

Old 07-30-2009, 06:52 AM

32,601 posts, read 51,192,215 times
you don't mention what you can afford to pay for rent
that is significant factor in where you might be able to live
Montgomery Plaza is "hot" as they say and I would think it is one of the more expensive areas to live in-the condos above the restaurants are for sale--not rent--as far as I know and most of them have been sold after a slow start

Old 07-30-2009, 11:35 AM

3 posts, read 4,797 times
Thanks for the responses! My budget for an apartment is $1250.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:29 AM

20 posts, read 68,794 times
Once more place, now that we know your budget:

SoSeven – So7 – residential, retail, townhouses, condos, lofts, Museum District, Trinity Park Fort Worth, Texas

This is a new mixed use space which is in a great location, is within walking distance to a park, shopping, and restaurants and is right next to down town.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,927,401 times
I lived at Amli Upper West Side for 1 year and it was great! I've lived in over 6 different apartments in my life and this was definitely the best one. I had a 1 bed 1 bath.
Pros: Walking distance to downtown, beautiful views from some of the higher floors, drive up to your floor parking (covered parking garage)-- this makes it so easy to unload things, good price (much cheaper than most of the apartments downtown), great swimming pool/hot tub area-- we used to use this a lot-- you get a beautiful view of downtown while soaking in the hot tub, no problems with water going out or other maintenance issues in the apartment.

Cons: High electric bill-- in the range of $120 - 150 each month, and you have to use their cable/internet provider through the apartment, so they mark up the price
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth