U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 04:49 PM

11 posts, read 32,563 times

Advertisements

What is it like to live in far north Fort Worth? Wife and I have found a house we love there and curious what it is like. It is very close to the intersection of 287 and 35w. Seems like real good highway acess and a nice neighborhood! any help would be great! thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 PM

32,541 posts, read 51,077,194 times
actually that is not what I would really consider FAR north FTW now--that is close to Wautaga and NRHills--
I 35 is not that great a commute into downtown if that is where you work
you might could do as well on some larger surface streets
but there is shopping--movie theater off Fossil Ridge/I 35 area--restaurants--
don't know about particular schools if that is FTW ISD or Keller or maybe Azle

Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,048,264 times
Depending upon east or west you would either more than likely fall into (if you are at the 35W/287) either Keller ISD or Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD. We are in the outskirts of north Fort Worth at 287 and 718 and are serviced by Northwest ISD.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:21 AM

that is our only hang up with that house is wondering if the schools are any good. I will have to research some more! thanks

Old 07-30-2009, 08:56 AM

I have found out that it is Saginaw schools is that an ok thing or not? thanks

Old 07-30-2009, 12:41 PM

32 posts, read 123,152 times
Default Schools

The schools are not grat but ok, check this site, just give in your zip code. God luck.

Greatschools.net Search: saginaw

Old 07-30-2009, 05:49 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,048,264 times
Each school seems to be hit or miss in the district. I would recommend driving the neighborhood and talking to people that are outside and just ask them. Most people will help and if they don't you wouldn't want to live there anyway .

Also greatschools.net is a great site with parent reviews.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:43 PM

32,541 posts, read 51,077,194 times
Eagle Mtn--Saginaw is not what I would call a top tier school district--
you can check the number of students who receive a National Merit scholarship ranking--
or the number of students in AP classes who receive a top grade on the AP tests or passing scores which is good indication of quality on the secondary level

you can check the TAKS scores for the district over the past several years--if you see schools that are maintaining or reducing their ratings vs increasing ratings I think that says
1--the district is not doing a very good job designing curriculum/teaching methods that target/improve weaknesses;
2--the overall quality of student population might be getting weaker (most ESL students, more struggling students from other districts/states; factors that include increased absences or truancy rate)
3--the finances of the ISD might be strapped to pay for extra methods to improve teaching -- like having tutorial sessions for needy students, having smaller class size to improve teaching

there has been new construction in that area over past 4 yrs or so--new construction can cause problems within the district because it means receiving students usually from outside the district with different teaching exposure that have to be melded into district's expectations, flux within schools with kids moving in/out which creates teaching problems, change in admin and teaching staff--realignment of school zones...which make it difficult for a district to maintain quality--Keller ISD has been thought that in past 4-5 yrs especially as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth