Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:03 PM

3 posts, read 16,021 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am relocating to the Saginaw area next month for work. I am 30, single, but very involved with my career right now so am working LOTS of hours. I am looking for a quiet neighborhood so I can get some shut-eye when I am home (no barking dogs please!) and a safe area since I am a female alone. I don't have to live right in Saginaw, but close enough to commute. Any ideas? Any areas I should avoid?

Thanks!
Kaitlyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,364 times
My Mom lives in a great little area in Saginaw. One thing I should warn you about though....is Saginaw has BNSF trains through here at all times of the day and night. They have their switching station here. When you made the comment about the barking dogs, I figured you shoud be aware that train horns are going through quite a bit.

Saginaw in and of itself is really down to earth place and my Mom here has great neighbors. (We are currently living with her while ours is being built). My Mom feels very safe here.

I have met a few people that before they moved here lived in downtown Fort Worth off of Camp Bowie. They loved the ability to walk out to dinner and such.

Are you planning on buying or renting?

Old 04-24-2007, 12:05 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
I moved to the Saginaw area a few months ago. I'm technically still in FW. When I moved to TX last year, I first moved to the White Settlement area. I'm still getting used to Lake Worth/Saginaw. It's a longer drive to the Hulen Mall, but since new stores are being constructed here (well, at least in Lake Worth), hopefully I won't have to go to the Hulen area as often.

Good luck in your move to Saginaw.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:35 AM

There is also NorthEast Mall that is maybe 10 mins away with Macys, Dillards, and all the other big box stores. Also a huge mall in the Alliance area is coming (Alliance area of Fort Worth is I-35W and 170.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:22 AM

4 posts, read 37,355 times
Default Bonds Ranch Rd

There are some nice new places off Bonds Ranch Rd. They may insulate you from the train traffic as they are behind a hill from the tracks and 3 miles away. Also .. almost no dogs.....

You can get wireless Internet from Prairienet there too. Faster than DSL if you work from home like me. Its a Must.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the input - I am planning on renting until I get a feel for the area and then buying. I have to start work on June 1st so I don't feel I have the time to do enough research to buy by then...

Old 04-24-2007, 08:34 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn_Kat View Post
Thanks for the input - I am planning on renting until I get a feel for the area and then buying. I have to start work on June 1st so I don't feel I have the time to do enough research to buy by then...
Take your time. When I moved to TX last year, I got a 7-mo. apt. lease, close to work. That was enough time for me to learn the area and I wound up buying a house 10 mi. away from the apt.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:38 AM

There are some nice apartments off of I-35W in the Fossil Ridge area. Trying to think of one that we looked at but it was by Home Depot. Some good restaurants within walkin distance and down the street from the grocery store. Ten minutes away max from Saginaw so the commute would be good and you wouldn't be able to hear the trains.

You might be able to find a rental home in Creekside which is in Saginaw and off of Bailey-Boswell. It is a little master planned community.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 PM

I am so glad you mentioned the Fossil Creek apts. They look so nice on-line but I went to one of those opinion sites and they all have sooo many bad comments. Are those real or just a few disgruntled residents? I have no idea how much to trust those you know??

K

Old 04-24-2007, 02:00 PM

I'll send you a link of the one that I was looking at for us via pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth