Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 11:50 AM

8 posts, read 227,658 times

Advertisements

Hi,everyone my husband and i are thinking about moving to graham,texas.I was wondering if anyone knew anything about graham?Were moving from nevada,and i was wondering about the weather,and schools,and also if there's alot of oil drilling.My husband is a driller and we have heard graham is a good place for drilling.Any info,would be greatly appericated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 03:10 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
do you mean your husband works on a rig--owns a portable rig like for water well drilling or what?
There is plenty of commercial drilling (big co and independents) in areas around FTW because of Barnett Shale play and some of that is moving east towards Duncanville and Ennis--

Did you run a search on this site for Graham---that might give you some info to start w/ and google for info on schools--check their sites
TEA is the state agency that rates TX schools based on their performances on the TAKS state test--most school districts have web sites w/info---

Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 PM

8 posts, read 227,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
do you mean your husband works on a rig--owns a portable rig like for water well drilling or what?
There is plenty of commercial drilling (big co and independents) in areas around FTW because of Barnett Shale play and some of that is moving east towards Duncanville and Ennis--

Did you run a search on this site for Graham---that might give you some info to start w/ and google for info on schools--check their sites
TEA is the state agency that rates TX schools based on their performances on the TAKS state test--most school districts have web sites w/info---
Yes my husband works on rigs,here in nevada he does alot of water well drilling,but he wants to get into oil drilling it pays better.We don't own a rig,he is looking for a good company to have a future with.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:00 PM
DFF

26 posts, read 195,418 times
About 25,000 wells will be required to completely develop Tarrant County (see enjoy it!: How Many Wells and When?). There are more than 10 counties in the area where drilling is being done. Plenty of work should be available for the next 50 years ... and that is just Tarrant county.

The companies in the area are numerous. Explore the blog above for more info on several of them but Chesapeake, XTO and Devon are the most active at this time according to the Texas RRC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth