U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 01:11 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,456,716 times

Advertisements

What are the boundries for each of these areas? I have found a house I am interested in and the realtors info it shows Keller, on google earth it shows as westlake and the zip code is 76262 which is roanoke/trophy club. I am so confused! My real estate agent said she would show up today but selling her own home and I haven't seen her yet to ask.

I decided to buy an older home with land, this is perfect, 2 acres, tons of trees and 4600sq ft house. But it was built in 1984 so it's old and probably has a lot of issues.
Kind of bummed not having a media room, but they didn't make them back then and I don't watch TV or hardly any movies anyway. But I like the space, I am not very neighbourbly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 01:56 PM

3,087 posts, read 6,983,676 times
For any house in Tarrant County, look it up on tad.org on the property data link. It will show you city, isd, and many other helpful pieces of information.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:44 PM

4,192 posts, read 14,078,958 times
It is possible for the property to overlap its own city boundary. My Mapsco book is like my bible and I love it. It shows the exact boundary with schools, zipcode etc.

You Realtor should have one and I am sure will be happy to show it to you on the map as well as verify all the info. Make sure you check on the taxing jurisidictions when they overlap so you don't end up with surprises.

According to the info and maps I have, that particular home is in Tarrant county and in the city limits of Keller with Keller ISD.

Naima

Old 08-16-2009, 05:30 PM

27 posts, read 290,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
For any house in Tarrant County, look it up on tad.org on the property data link. It will show you city, isd, and many other helpful pieces of information.
Good advice on looking up at tad.org, as the NE section of Tarrant County can be confusing when it comes to figuring out actual property location. For example, you can end up with a Keller USPS mailing address, be in Keller ISD Schools, yet be in Fort Worth as far as property lines/citizenship & city taxes go. Tarrant County Appraisal District is your best source for telling you exactly what you need to know.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 AM

3,044 posts, read 11,044,010 times
be careful with the area of North Keller. They had some major flooding issues 2 years ago. I know the area around melody lane has had problems andthe street work to fix the problem with the road but not sure about land drainage.

We backed out of a house up there... LOVE the area, Trees and BIG old lots. But on our 2nd walk through it was POURING (thank goodness) and the back yard literaly became a lake.

You can look up archived articles in the Keller citizen newspaper that may help you!

I hope it all works out for you that is my favorite area of Keller (hills trees and breathing room!!) I know one poster on here lives in that area so they might be able to help you on what streets were affected by the flooding.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 AM

We looked at some new homes being built in Trophy Club yesterday, we dont get the land and trees like we would with the older homes, but dont have to worry about problems with an older home.

We really liked the homes in Briarwyck, the only problem is, the subdivison sits off 114 which is not too bad, but not ideal as far as I am concered. I think what makes it bad is that the subdivision sits about 1/2 mile from the highway and in the space between the highway and the subdivsion is zoned for commercial. They said it might be a super target or lowes. I just dont get it!

I really want to stay in this area and it's so limited. Old house and land or new house and so/so location. The trophy club area was not so bad and newton farms in keller seemed ok, but a lot of people dogged the builder so we didn't bother looking.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM

32,626 posts, read 51,228,257 times
I don't get your expectations
what you want is really going against building norms around here
the idea that a development company would build a new, upscale subdivision in an area that was NOT close to retail is not going to happen most of the time--especially with developers like Highland, Horton, Weekly or otehr mass builders--they build by demographics like where is the next Home Depot going in and try to be there 6-12 mo before...
the only ones with isolation from retail would be further from FTW than you apparently want to go
like The Orchards off Peden Rd by Eagle Mtn Lake or Estancia off Silver Creek Parkway or older developments closer to Aledo
but that is a blessing and a curse
there are NO (or very few) close stores for gas, milk, beer--and the closest mall to them would probably be Ridgemar--not considered the best FTW has to offer

Old 08-18-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I don't get your expectations
what you want is really going against building norms around here
the idea that a development company would build a new, upscale subdivision in an area that was NOT close to retail is not going to happen most of the time--especially with developers like Highland, Horton, Weekly or otehr mass builders--they build by demographics like where is the next Home Depot going in and try to be there 6-12 mo before...
the only ones with isolation from retail would be further from FTW than you apparently want to go
like The Orchards off Peden Rd by Eagle Mtn Lake or Estancia off Silver Creek Parkway or older developments closer to Aledo
but that is a blessing and a curse
there are NO (or very few) close stores for gas, milk, beer--and the closest mall to them would probably be Ridgemar--not considered the best FTW has to offer
We noticed. We have looked at everything in this area and really not finding anything we like. The homes are beautiful here and you get a lot of sq footage for under 400k, no argument there. But we miss nature, tired of busy highways, and the extreme heat.

My husband told me yesterday thinking about going to Austin instead. Everyone tells us it's perfect place for us. We love the outdoors, nature, we're musicans, like to be around artsy people. Going down to check it out. So far after researching it I think we'll like it a lot.
I like the homes, you get less but they aren't cookie cutter homes, they have character. I love that.

We're in Dallas not for financial reasons but because of personal reasons, but there is no reason we couldnt live in Austin and travel to where we needed to go if we had to.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:16 PM

3,044 posts, read 11,044,010 times
you aren't going to find 2 acres in or near Austin with the type of house you desire for under 400k.
Austin always has been an expensive housing market.

Westlake has the best schools.

You might look into Dripping springs, it's alot like Aledo.

Also remember that that area is in a drought right now... we in San Antinio last weekend 104 with more humidity and very brown. It was sad to see the hill country look so dead.

I know you have expressed wanting a big new house with all the updates and fairly lg sqft and also wanting some land and trees....and great schools but you are on a budget that is not condusive for that here. (under 300k right?)
Champagne taste on beer budget. I don't think Austin will be much different...

I hope you find happiness.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
you aren't going to find 2 acres in or near Austin with the type of house you desire for under 400k.
Austin always has been an expensive housing market.

Westlake has the best schools.

You might look into Dripping springs, it's alot like Aledo.

Also remember that that area is in a drought right now... we in San Antinio last weekend 104 with more humidity and very brown. It was sad to see the hill country look so dead.

I know you have expressed wanting a big new house with all the updates and fairly lg sqft and also wanting some land and trees....and great schools but you are on a budget that is not condusive for that here. (under 300k right?)
Champagne taste on beer budget. I don't think Austin will be much different...

I hope you find happiness.

We're looking under 400 - 450k now, We had some medical bills to we had to take care of. That's the reason we were here for medical reasons. But now we can move on finally. We have our house up for sale and we really don't have to stay in Dallas, we thought about doing it because it's so cheap but big houses and don't outweigh the low quailty of living here.

Because it's really the ONLY good thing about living here. We weren't here for the weather and the landscape!

In Austin it's seems so nice there, I don't think you need to go to far to get back in touch with nature. House size and how if it is new is not as much of a concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth