U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:20 PM

1,628 posts, read 6,083,437 times

Advertisements

When our realtor took us through Southlake she said the area North of 114 was much noisier and that's why it has been the later to develop. Estes Park, etc. get the noise more than the area South of 114. and she lives in Southlake...just repeating what she said.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 06:07 AM

49 posts, read 241,970 times
North of 114 definitely gets more of the noise. Spend 15 minutes in the Lowes parking lot, and you'll get an earful. One of the normal flight paths runs NW from there, so you can get an idea of which neighborhoods hear more of the noise.

Best bet is to stay south of 1709, or west of White Chapel.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:50 AM

168 posts, read 526,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
When our realtor took us through Southlake she said the area North of 114 was much noisier and that's why it has been the later to develop. Estes Park, etc. get the noise more than the area South of 114. and she lives in Southlake...just repeating what she said.
I wonder where you realtor lives in Southlake... could I guess she lives south? :-)

Not arguing that the noise isnt there...it is... we just got used to it, and I think its the case for others as I have heard from them. But you can count the rivets on the planes as they cross the Southlake Blvd area. I guess when you talk about getting south enough to almost be in Colleyville, you wouldnt hear the planes.

Back to the OP, just depends what you are looking for. We didnt even consider anything south of 114, because at that time most of the homes were a bit older, 90s or 80s, and we felt that it didnt have as much of the "Texas" feel that we were looking for. Could have been Plano or anywhere else. North of 114 you will see Longhorns, Horses, Farms, trees, etc...it is much quieter in terms of cars and traffic. And then there is the Bob Jones Park, Nature Center, Lake Grapevine, etc. Our realtor told us homes are slower to sell north of 114 because it is all new construction in the $1MM+ range...which makes a lot of sense to me vs. planes, but who knows. As they say, to each their own, we have many friends that live in the older suburbs and are happy there (although I dont think any of them would say that they are without plane noise). Just giving my opinion that if I had $575k to spend, I would march straight to Kirkwood Hollow (and we dont live there by the way).

Old 01-24-2010, 12:34 PM

3,033 posts, read 11,029,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSANY View Post
North of 114 definitely gets more of the noise. Spend 15 minutes in the Lowes parking lot, and you'll get an earful. One of the normal flight paths runs NW from there, so you can get an idea of which neighborhoods hear more of the noise.

Best bet is to stay south of 1709, or west of White Chapel.
Definately agree.

west of WhiteChappel Or even Carroll will DRASTICLY reduced the air traffic noise. planes are higher and it's not in the runway path like the area right by Lowes/Costco.

There really aren't areas to avoid in southlake for crime or schools. ALL the schools are good and crime is low throughout this part of Tarrant county.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:54 PM

1,628 posts, read 6,083,437 times
Actually she lives North of 114, and wasn't trying to steer me either way--she said she thinks all areas of Southlake are great, and each community has a lot to offer, and that many of the communities North of 114 are beautiful (I looked at several), but she stopped the car and showed me planes coming right over us, and pointed out that it *could* be a resale issue. I don't think it would bother me, but I am interested to hear that people have differing opinions on where the noise is...so maybe it just depends on the day?

Old 01-24-2010, 07:16 PM

168 posts, read 526,165 times
I think that Estes Park gets the worst of it north of 114...I wouldnt want to be in that neighborhood because of the planes...but I think with all the others north of 114 its not that much of an issue (just my opinion)

We live out in Clariden Ranch and when they do come over they are very high...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth