U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-19-2009, 11:53 PM
 
21 posts, read 38,462 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello,
I wanted to know if anyone knew what the best areas for family living are (n bad crime rates please under national average) and where we could get a house and jobs as we are living in hotels right now and we need a rental that allows pets, We have a chihuahua, german shepherd and cat and we need at least a 3 bedroom. It needs to be large as Am a single mom with 4 kids, 3 are teens/preadults. Oldest is 20, youngest is 11. Thanks so much!!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,582 posts, read 20,461,553 times
Reputation: 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishihadahouse View Post
Hello,
I wanted to know if anyone knew what the best areas for family living are (n bad crime rates please under national average) and where we could get a house and jobs as we are living in hotels right now and we need a rental that allows pets, We have a chihuahua, german shepherd and cat and we need at least a 3 bedroom. It needs to be large as Am a single mom with 4 kids, 3 are teens/preadults. Oldest is 20, youngest is 11. Thanks so much!!!
Well if your moving to the Dallas Area..... try the Dallas threads.
Sorry, couldn't resist.....

But if you're trying to find a place in Fort Worth with 4 kids and three pets, try the southwest area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2009, 07:22 PM
 
78 posts, read 178,287 times
Reputation: 33
could you be a little more vague? You could get a great rental in Westlake or Southlake for probably 5k-25k a month. It would be better to let people know what you want to spend. If your budget is high you can do anything you want. If your budget is low, it will limit the areas obviously.

However you mention looking for jobs also which may make it difficult on any rental or lease application. I am not sure how many apartments are willing to rent without income verification. Maybe bank statements will suffice?

The more information you provide, the more help people can be on here. Otherwise it is pure speculation on anyone's part.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 23,055,621 times
Reputation: 5154
wishihadahouse: I'll cut you some slack because you don't know any better, but never refer to Fort Worth as "the Dallas area". Grrr.

I live in the Ryan Place neighborhood, about 3 miles south of downtown Ft Worth, and most of it is very nice and not outrageously expensive.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2009, 10:49 PM
 
32,589 posts, read 51,171,562 times
Reputation: 18454
single mom--no job--three kids--pets--
MONEY is the issue here
what is this person capable of paying and what about credit--with no job--credit report is going to be an issue
public housing is closed--no free rent available in FTW or Dallas areas now...
as far as jobs--
TX workforce commission
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 12:39 AM
 
21 posts, read 38,462 times
Reputation: 10
Hello again,
I apologize, I meant to put the Fort Worth/Dallas area, lol. We really need a house, no apartments please. We're looking to spend no more than $1400 a month as we do get socil security and the only reason we don't have jobs is we don't want to get jobs and then find out that we can't get a house. lol Living in hotels is very expensive and is not fun! Does anyone know if they have a thread for the Denison/Sherman area? My brother used to live there and We're kind of looking in that area. We sold our house in Missouri so to make up for a few credit issues if we get the house we need we can pay 6 months in advance! Thanks so much!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 12:53 AM
 
21 posts, read 38,462 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
wishihadahouse: I'll cut you some slack because you don't know any better, but never refer to Fort Worth as "the Dallas area". Grrr.

I live in the Ryan Place neighborhood, about 3 miles south of downtown Ft Worth, and most of it is very nice and not outrageously expensive.

Thank you! Do you know how to make that correction? lol I'm trying to figure it out. I really didn't mean to offend anyone. So If I did, I would like to apologize. Thank you all for your answers and help!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 12:56 AM
 
21 posts, read 38,462 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well if your moving to the Dallas Area..... try the Dallas threads.
Sorry, couldn't resist.....

But if you're trying to find a place in Fort Worth with 4 kids and three pets, try the southwest area.

Lol, Do you possibly know how to change that to Fort Woth/Dallas area. LOL after I posted that, I realized that I had made that mistake, I did not mean to offend anyone!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 AM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 23,055,621 times
Reputation: 5154
wishihadahouse: No problem! I was simply trying to save you future grief.

My only real problem with the Sherman/Denison area is that the Red River counties seem to get a lot of bad weather. More tornadoes and severe thunderstorms, along with a harsher winter.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 09:08 AM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,582 posts, read 20,461,553 times
Reputation: 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishihadahouse View Post
Lol, Do you possibly know how to change that to Fort Woth/Dallas area. LOL after I posted that, I realized that I had made that mistake, I did not mean to offend anyone!
Ditto to what catman said.....
Don't worry, it happens.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top