U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 08:50 AM

32,670 posts, read 51,342,736 times

Advertisements

don't know if any of you saw the notice that Mark Williams, the boys gymnastics coach at Trinity high school for years passed away recently from colon cancer...he was a super nice guy as well as one of the best gymnastics coaches in the country--certainly in TX.
He was not an easy coach or one that never criticized or was a "cupcake" because he really demanded the best of his players.
But he was a class act and it is really a shame--not just for his family which was very close-knit--but for all the kids who won't be able to benefit from his coaching. I know that gymnastics is not as popular or new-worthy most of the time but Coach Williams and his wife Debbie who is till the girls' coach at Bell HS brought quality and talent to this area for decades...because of their reputation and program many people moved to the HEB area so their children could compete on such a high level and live at home vs living away for special sports program as many talented athletes do...

there is memorial service for him today at the Trinity auditorium I believe and I am sure it will be capacity crowd...
in the past the football coaches at Trinity have garned a lot of notice for their teams and they were not always people of quality that you would want young men to emulate--I think the current coach is a different brand--but there was no question that Mark Williams set a much higher standard for what a coach should represent...sad loss
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 06:50 PM

68 posts, read 90,149 times
Gymnastics is a VERY demanding sport. Those girls and guys are top-notch athletes and don't let anyone tell you different. The coaches, the good ones, are worth their weight in gold. I am so sorry to hear of Mr. Williams passing. I'm sure he is in a better place but his family is surely grieving. My condolences to Mr. Williams family and may he rest in peace.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: