U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 01:31 PM

4 posts, read 20,645 times

Advertisements

My husband just got a job at Lockheed Martin in Ft. Worth. We will be moving there in Dec-Jan. We would love to live in a suburb that has GREAT schools as we have two children. I am a stay-at-home mom that substitutes at the kids school to earn some spending money so drive time and all that doesn't affect me.

What area near (less than 45 minutes) Ft. Worth has great schools, family oriented neighborhoods and nice homes?

Thanks for the help!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 02:18 PM

140 posts, read 243,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YScott View Post
My husband just got a job at Lockheed Martin in Ft. Worth. We will be moving there in Dec-Jan. We would love to live in a suburb that has GREAT schools as we have two children. I am a stay-at-home mom that substitutes at the kids school to earn some spending money so drive time and all that doesn't affect me.

What area near (less than 45 minutes) Ft. Worth has great schools, family oriented neighborhoods and nice homes?

Thanks for the help!
I'm a 52-year-old single guy with no children, but a friend of mine works at Lockheed Martin. He lives in a nice subdivision about 2 or 3 miles west of Carswell AFB/Lockheed. Take the White Settlement exit off of I-820 and go west and then turn west on Clifford Street. They live in that subdivision there. I would say all a step up from starter homes. Their kids go to Brewer High School, and they seem to like it. I've never heard anything bad about it, but I could find out more if you like.

Castleberry used to be a good high school. I don't now the latest on it though. It might have really changed. FYI Ft. Worth has a strong church culture.

Downtown area:
http://www.pbase.com/craig_c/fort_worth

As an after thought a LOT of LM people have moved to Weatherford. Weatherford is kind of the boom area. New high school was built about 6 or 7 years ago. Have heard only positive about it.

Aledo is also a nice community with a lot of nice subs, homes, and good schools.

Last edited by Endzone; 09-07-2009 at 02:28 PM..

Old 09-07-2009, 03:26 PM

Thanks for the info! I will check it out.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:27 PM

I heard Keller is a good area. Any thoughts?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:29 PM

10,537 posts, read 22,419,543 times
Price range? 45 minutes covers a large portion of Tarrant County...

Old 09-07-2009, 09:28 PM

I know my range is large. I am just looking for any area that is family friendly with great schools. I would love to spend no more than $300,000.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:33 PM

10,537 posts, read 22,419,543 times
MOST of Tarrant County, especially the northeast quadrant, is "family friendly with great schools." Keller, North Richland Hills, the north part of Fort Worth that is in the Northwest ISD, etc. ALL of these areas will have lots of homes in your price range, especially if you are willing to buy an existing home. It just really depends on how long you're willing to commute.

Try GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community for more info on the various school districts.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:36 AM

140 posts, read 243,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YScott View Post
I heard Keller is a good area. Any thoughts?
Keller is very nice. But you have to think about your husband's commute to Lockheed Martin. He will run into some traffic coming southbound on Denton Highway or I-35 in the morning. Southbound I-35 in the morning is kind of rough. Also the NE side (I-820) is the most congested of all highways in Ft. Worth as it is still just 2 lanes in each direction. Somehow the city planners in their wisdom keep the busiest part of I-820 just 2 lanes on the NE side. It has needed expansion for 15 years now, but these clowns don't do anything about it. The city leadership for Ft. Worth is really pretty bad and the Mayors have been weak IMHO.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 AM

3,033 posts, read 11,026,984 times
If you want Keller ISD then look into the Heritage Neighborhood. It's a plnned community with pools etc.... lots of families and kids. Big range of housing prices.

We have a couple of LM employees in our nighborhood in Keller and I believe it takes them aobut 45minutes to get to work.

Aledo would also be worth checking out, good schools (smaller ) bigger lots etc... (we really liked the McDavid subdivison)
But not much in amenties... Lake worth has resturants and movies etc...

Northwest ISD is another option.

Good luck. Don't worry you have several good school districts with ALOT of great family neighborhoods within 45 minutes!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:34 PM

3,087 posts, read 6,969,991 times
My second daughter's best friend works for LM. She commutes from the northern part of NRH and apparently doesn't have an issue with the time. She was just here yesterday but I didn't think to ask specifically about that part, so can't say for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth