U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 07:26 PM

3 posts, read 14,194 times

Advertisements

Hi. Can someone please tell me a good place to live near UT Arlington? I am married with two young ones and am seriously thinking about attending school at UTA. We are moving from Phoenix area to be closer to my wife's family in Shreveport. We are looking for an area where we can rent for about $600 to $800 a month. Thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:40 PM

32,537 posts, read 51,063,879 times
from what I see/hear the area immediately close to UTA is not really that nice
some apartments close to campus but not that desireable
what is your commuting situation--where are you working vs your wife going to school
no public transportation in Arlington--not even shuttle for the college--so she would have to drive to class
there have been threads about apts in arlington and UTA--try to do a search

Old 09-10-2009, 11:40 PM

3 posts, read 14,194 times
We will both be going to school using student loans and the GI Bill

Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 PM

1,550 posts, read 3,269,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theystillcallmebruce View Post
Hi. Can someone please tell me a good place to live near UT Arlington? I am married with two young ones and am seriously thinking about attending school at UTA. We are moving from Phoenix area to be closer to my wife's family in Shreveport. We are looking for an area where we can rent for about $600 to $800 a month. Thanks
No, apartment around UTA are not that great eventhough the campus is nice. Try renting a small home, condo or duplex about 5 to 8 miles away; you can find one around that price but you will need a car to get to school.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:59 AM

22 posts, read 56,098 times
Look at the townhome/duplex development on Ambassador Row. It is in Dalworthington Gardens, 76013 zip code - south of the intersection of Pioneer Parkway and Smith Barry Rd. The police force is very pro-active, frequent patrols through the neighborhood and quick response time if you need them. I always felt safe because of that. A quick walk away is Veteran's park, or Green's farmer's market. A Walmart neighborhood market is maybe a mile away as well. Just a few minutes to UTA. We lived in Ambassador Row when our kids were little, and were able to rent a huge 3bed/3bath townhome for $850 a few years back. There are smaller units there as well that you can probably still get for under $800. One of my favorite parts of living in this community is the "Santa parade". A few days before Christmas, the entire police and firetruck force drive through the neighborhood at dusk with Santa on the back of a firetruck- lights and sirens going. They stop and let all the children visit with Santa. My kids LOVED that!

The elementary school is Dunn Elementary, if I remember correctly, which has a great reputation. There are also free half day 3/4yr old pre-k programs available at certain public elementaries around there, depending on your income.

This is a very family friendly area to live with lots of things for kids to do. Let me know if I can help you further.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,013 times
Hi, i'm looking for a place to live urgently very close to campus, am not commuting and my budget is btw $400 - $500. i'm single and wouldn't mind a roomate.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 PM

6,955 posts, read 20,727,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezed View Post
Hi, i'm looking for a place to live urgently very close to campus, am not commuting and my budget is btw $400 - $500. i'm single and wouldn't mind a roomate.
/ 750ft² - Need a roommate for 2bed apt

700ft² - WE WANT YOU! All Bills Paid

720ft² - Pre-Leasing for September - $199 First Month

MOVE IN READY NO RENT DUE FOR AUGUST
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: