Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:20 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
Oh you are very welcome. We felt it only right after you had given us eight years of Clinton.
Where ya from, sberdrow?
Im from Portland Oregon, or CalifOregon a state also being invaded by the evil empire of California. I was kinda hopping Kellerfornia would be far enough away. Im a hypocrate however, as a Californian bought my house for cash, with no inspection. I was going to invest it all in a new way of life in Dallas/Fortworth. I found mega spraw from wall to wall. To Save some money in your fine little CITY, I would have to endure 5 months of nasty HUMIDITY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 02:12 PM

184 posts, read 863,217 times
"To Save some money in your fine little CITY, I would have to endure 5 months of nasty HUMIDITY."

Portland, Oregon... now I'm curious, do you guys out there know what sunshine looks like? I guess all that rain we had last month around here was more like what you're use to.
I have to say it finally quit raining here and my oh my Keller does have beautiful abundant sunshine.
Yeah, I just checked on that humdity and according to Weather Underground at 1:53 p.m. today it was at 42% with 91 degrees F and *partly cloudly* with winds blowing South at 14 mph.
All I can see out my window is sunshine, blue skys and whife fluffy clouds.
Ahhhhh now, that's a beautiful Summer day.
Looking at Portland, Oregon on that same site at the same time:
Humidity: 68%
Temp: 73 degrees F (is this the norm for mid-July temps??)
Scattered clouds
winds at 4 mph

So, are you living elsewhere in the Metroplex or in Oregon?

Old 07-18-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
"To Save some money in your fine little CITY, I would have to endure 5 months of nasty HUMIDITY."

Portland, Oregon... now I'm curious, do you guys out there know what sunshine looks like? I guess all that rain we had last month around here was more like what you're use to.
I have to say it finally quit raining here and my oh my Keller does have beautiful abundant sunshine.
Yeah, I just checked on that humdity and according to Weather Underground at 1:53 p.m. today it was at 42% with 91 degrees F and *partly cloudly* with winds blowing South at 14 mph.
All I can see out my window is sunshine, blue skys and whife fluffy clouds.
Ahhhhh now, that's a beautiful Summer day.
Looking at Portland, Oregon on that same site at the same time:
Humidity: 68%
Temp: 73 degrees F (is this the norm for mid-July temps??)
Scattered clouds
winds at 4 mph

So, are you living elsewhere in the Metroplex or in Oregon?
70 to 90 is normal. It has rained more than 60 inches in texas this year so Far, in Portland it averages between 38-45 inches a year. Dallas averages 36 inches a year. The humidity in the Pac NW is related it the morning mist. and is very cool.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
70 to 90 is normal. It has rained more than 60 inches in texas this year so Far, in Portland it averages between 38-45 inches a year. Dallas averages 36 inches a year. The humidity in the Pac NW is related it the morning mist. and is very cool.
As I'm sure you know, the rainfall the metroplex received occurred almost exclusively in the months of May and June!
As I'm sure you also know before that the metroplex was in a drought.
I read somewhere that Keller's average rainfall is 32 inches but I can't recall where I read that. Where did you find Dallas's stat?
Morning mists....cool humidity... so pretty damp most of the time.
So do you live in the metroplex or Portland??

Old 07-18-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
As I'm sure you know, the rainfall the metroplex received occurred almost exclusively in the months of May and June!
As I'm sure you also know before that the metroplex was in a drought.
I read somewhere that Keller's average rainfall is 32 inches but I can't recall where I read that. Where did you find Dallas's stat?
Morning mists....cool humidity... so pretty damp most of the time.
So do you live in the metroplex or Portland??
only in the morning time maybe till 9am. My stats are from Wikapedia. You are correct about Kellerfornias rainfall, give or take a few tenths of a percent. I am from Lake Oswego, a suburb of Portland.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:27 AM

Not every town is for everybody but at least you found out Keller wasn't for you before you moved here and invested money and time. Surely you considered other areas or states? What about Austin? I hear they are pretty progressive down there. Did you consider Denver, Colorado?

Old 07-19-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Not every town is for everybody but at least you found out Keller wasn't for you before you moved here and invested money and time. Surely you considered other areas or states? What about Austin? I hear they are pretty progressive down there. Did you consider Denver, Colorado?
Funny you should ask, yes I did actually live in Austin, after I rejected Kellerfornia. Austin, with its hill country, many parks, and yes you guessed right, progressive attitudes, was a great choice. I could not take the heat or the lack of pine trees. I then looked into Colorado very seriously, even obtained a job there in Denver. I could not shake the altitude sickness, and neither could my wife. She was only sleeping 3 hours a night, and she normally gets 9-10. I had mild headaches and was always thirsty, no matter how much water I drank. Tell you what though, it was pretty to meet my expecations and more, there were mountains, and it was a dry air. I ended up back in the Pac NW. I miss Colorado.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:41 AM

4 posts, read 14,176 times
I am a native Texan, and currently live out of Keller, which is in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Prices of homes range anywhere from $100,000 to several million. While the immediate area of Keller is flat, the Fort Worth, Denton area is rolling hills, green grass and trees. Some things we keep secret in Texas since we don't want it to get crowded and mess up our landscape. This is a bible belt area, with lots of just good country people!

Old 07-19-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Funny you should ask, yes I did actually live in Austin, after I rejected Kellerfornia. Austin, with its hill country, many parks, and yes you guessed right, progressive attitudes, was a great choice. I could not take the heat or the lack of pine trees. I then looked into Colorado very seriously, even obtained a job there in Denver. I could not shake the altitude sickness, and neither could my wife. She was only sleeping 3 hours a night, and she normally gets 9-10. I had mild headaches and was always thirsty, no matter how much water I drank. Tell you what though, it was pretty to meet my expecations and more, there were mountains, and it was a dry air. I ended up back in the Pac NW. I miss Colorado.
Just wondering, and I'm truly curious so don't take it as jab, but if you don't like Keller and you never lived here and you have nothing good to say about it why are you here posting about it?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txlady615 View Post
I am a native Texan, and currently live out of Keller, which is in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Prices of homes range anywhere from $100,000 to several million. While the immediate area of Keller is flat, the Fort Worth, Denton area is rolling hills, green grass and trees. Some things we keep secret in Texas since we don't want it to get crowded and mess up our landscape. This is a bible belt area, with lots of just good country people!

Very nice post, Txlady I'm afraid, though, that the secret has got out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth