Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 08:33 AM

5 posts, read 46,923 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any $1 movie theaters or cheap theaters? I thought I heard there was one in the HEB area???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 09:27 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
there is discount movie theater in Richland Hills in shopping center off Hwy 26 south of the 820 Loop
don't know what price tickets are

and Tinseltown in Grapevine has first run movies for $4 adult before 6 every day and $6 at night
we go there a lot
it is well-maintained and popcorn is good--
not too much trouble with noisy pre-teens/teens on their own

go to google maps and check North Richland Hills and then search for movies
should pull them up

Old 09-23-2009, 12:13 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,612,344 times
Cinemark Movies 8 in North Richland Hills has movies for $1.25 before 6, $1.75 after 6 except on Fri/Sat where it is $2.00. Tuesdays all day are $1.00. It has small theaters and they are not all that clean, but for the price, it's what you get. Here is a link:

Cinemark - Showtimes

Old 12-29-2010, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 18,951 times
Colleyville Cinema Grill has first run movies for $4 for kids and adults before 6pm. Very nice movie theater and also serves food and drinks in theater. And not overpriced. I like NRH theater, but the food is EXTREMELY expensive for a movie theater. And it's not as nice of a theater. But worth it for the 1.25 admission.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 AM

Colleyville Grill has lowered the price for all but their Imax features--but the seating is not normal row seating--there are high-back rolling chairs facing a shelf for you to put your food on--and there are some sofa-type seating with tables in front along the sides
these auds can't handled the same # of people that a conventional theater of same space can so for busy movie they can sell out quicker--concession stand for popcorn/drinks is small and there is only 1 to handle that type of food service
so lines can be long
frankly we have been there and I don't like the seating at all--difficult to get support from the chairs

we prefer Tinseltown in Grapevine which also has $4 tickets for shows before 6 and $6 for shows after--
normally clean, well-managed theater with adult manager on staff--
they also have off-duty police at night on weekends (sometimes teens try to let others slip in w/o paying--or kids trying to get into R rated flicks)

Old 12-25-2016, 02:40 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,612,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Cinemark Movies 8 in North Richland Hills has movies for $1.25 before 6, $1.75 after 6 except on Fri/Sat where it is $2.00. Tuesdays all day are $1.00. It has small theaters and they are not all that clean, but for the price, it's what you get. Here is a link:

Cinemark - Showtimes
I've gotten numerous reps for this over the years, including one today.....however sad to say that just this last week or so this theater closed down. I don't know what was behind it, but it's a goner. so sad to see it go

Old 12-25-2016, 07:56 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,314,226 times
I hadn't been in years, but the last time I went it was pretty rundown. I think it's safe to assume it ran on pretty tight margins and there was very little payoff in renovating it. In the end, it was cheaper to shut it down than bring it up to standard.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:15 PM

Tinseltown in Grapevine bought the Mall's theater and movies are 4.25 both places until 6 and after cheaper than at those like Movie Tavern or Southlake...
I know that is not as cheap but it is the concessions that run up the tab more than ticket prices...

Old 12-30-2016, 07:41 PM

134 posts, read 139,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Tinseltown in Grapevine bought the Mall's theater and movies are 4.25 both places until 6 and after cheaper than at those like Movie Tavern or Southlake...
I know that is not as cheap but it is the concessions that run up the tab more than ticket prices...
That is how movie theaters make their money.

They are charged a fee to show a movie. The fee various depending strength of the movie (ie, a summer blockbuster over a rom-com).

This fee is paid based on what the minimum the studio expects to make on that movie. Meaning the theater has to pay $XXX amount of dollars up front just to show the movie.

Now once the movie is shown, that fee goes up a bit based on average attendance and it's up that movie theater to pay the difference.

For example, let's say a movie comes out that has a $10K fee+% just to show the movie. 2 weeks in, the movie is a sell out all across the country. Well, that % just increased quite a bit. Now here lies the problem...

Let's say you own a smaller theater and you are not selling out those shows. Yes, you've sold enough tickets to cover the $10K but that % what you now owe the movie studio just got bigger (again, these are examples).

You still have to pay for the upkeep of the building, the employees, cleaning staff, taxes, rent, upfront for new movies, etc....

That is why concessions are so expensive. It's the only thing that they really make money on.

If I were to guess, on a $6 movie ticket they might make around 50 cents?

Gas stations are the same way, that's why the merchandise in the store is so expensive. A gas station makes about 2 cents per gallon/per customer. They make about 1 cent if you buy a newspaper. On a candy bar...they mark that up 300%. They have to in order to stay in business.

While I agree, paying $6 for a large soda and $3 for a pickle is stupid, just know that money is going towards that place staying open.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:48 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,643,634 times
Coyote Drive-In. On 4th. You can see the Fort Worth skyline...really nice facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth