Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:05 AM

13 posts, read 60,953 times

Advertisements

We are looking into a new construction home in Keller (price range-upto 350K) and looking for advice on the new communities of Heritage at Bluffs and Kingsridge community in Keller , both west of 377. Heritage is more closer to 35W and in Fortworth city limits eventhough having a Keller address. Kingsridge seems to be within Keller city limits. Both Kingsridge and Heritage are close to each other though. I have heard many good and bad about both:
1) closer to rail track
2) closer to I35w, not so pretty there
3) not much retail around
4) zoning issues
5) I believe they need more population up there so that the much awaited circle T mall can make some progress. Alliance town center is coming up,but I am not sure of its impact up there.

I would like advice around the future of that area to evaluate our options? Are there new constructions east of 377 (not counting Marshall ridge) or in central Keller that anyone is aware of?

Thanks

Last edited by sphereatmo; 05-18-2008 at 10:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 07:11 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,066 times
Why those two areas? What is the draw for you? We looked heavily at The Bluffs when we were looking, but then we found when we had actually moved here that there were a lot more options. Did you want a master planned community atmosphere?

Alliance Town Square is actually building up quite quickly.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:38 PM

13 posts, read 60,953 times
Thanks Guingirl. Here are my draws:

1) Me working in Irving and spouse working in Fortworth. So had to be in the middle and so Keller.
2) Keller ISD
3) Looking for new construction homes and in my search, I could narrow down to only these 2 communities that offer 4BR, 3+BA, 3500+ sq.ft, 2 story with media room etc options within 350K.

Well, if there are other options in Keller, I would love to explore them as well. Appreciate any comments on these or the other communities in Keller city limits. Would love to know of communities in east of 377 or central keller

Thanks

Old 05-18-2008, 10:53 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
Have you checked out Saratoga??

Naima

Old 05-19-2008, 01:06 AM

You can find some nice one to two year old homes that fit your criteria for a lot less in Crawford Farms as well. We have a couple of friends in there that have Meritage Homes, that are really nice, full media rooms, granite, hardwood, play rooms, crown moulding and around 280K.

Don't forget that when you are looking in Keller to keep an eye on your property taxes. We had a friend that moved out from California, seeing what a great deal the Bluffs were and then were floored because they hadn't researched the property tax situation. Just something to keep an eye on.

If you aren't absolutely tied to Keller ISD, you might take a look at Chadwick Farms as well. Might be an easier commute for you to Irving.

Also if you arent tied to brand new construction or a master planned community, take a look at Ashmore Farms, you can find some nice customs in your price range that are better appointed than some of the homes in the Bluffs with half acre lots.

Anyway...some other places to at least look.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:02 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
lots of the area west of 377 that are zoned Keller schools are actually FT worth. You will pay higher taxes.

Quote:
Looking for new construction homes and in my search, I could narrow down to only these 2 communities that offer 4BR, 3+BA, 3500+ sq.ft, 2 story with media room etc options within 350K.
..there are lots of new homes in Keller that are empty. the bulider ones are Fall Creek, Flanigan Hill(wall homes), Harmonson farms, Hillsbourogh (david weekly),Newton Ranch, Bella Vista, Sernity (??)
Also custum builders in the above 400k range ..Silverleaf, Faorest view an new one off of Rufe snow across from Forest lakes dr...

The train crossing can add up to 20 minutes on your commute if you get stuck.

But...There are a bunch of very nice home that are just a 2-3 years old....I wish I was home shopping now!! prices have dropped and the neighobrhood are very pretty with bigger trees etc...
I now of 3 custom homes in Canterbury that the owners have been in ofr 1 year and have lost thier jobs and are despirate to sell....BEAUTIFUL homes one they just put the pool in 3 months ago! now they are still prices above 500k but considering they paid 800k for them htey are a great bargin!
So, same as in Hidden lakes...houses that were going for 400k 6mo ago are now down to 350k.

Bella vista...brand new homes off of Rufe snow and Rapp rd. we looked at them and they were around 400k last sept. They are now down to around 330k The builder NEEDS to sell.

look on a mls site and put in lessthan 5 years old...I think you will be surprised at how many very nice homes come up.

EDIT... Serene Villas Of Keller...starting at 315K

Last edited by 5stones; 05-19-2008 at 09:11 AM..

Old 07-21-2008, 12:59 AM
ivp

2 posts, read 10,841 times
Question Posible move to Ft. Worth Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Why those two areas? What is the draw for you? We looked heavily at The Bluffs when we were looking, but then we found when we had actually moved here that there were a lot more options. Did you want a master planned community atmosphere?

Alliance Town Square is actually building up quite quickly.
I was curious about what your "a lot more options" were??
My husband was offered a job in Ft Worth (downtown) and we are considering the offer seriously. We were in Ft Worth this weekend looking around and there is soo much to choose from. When we got home we also looked online and liked what we saw at Heritage the Bluffs. Now, I'm reading mixed reviews about it.
Now that you've lived in the area, is there somewhere else you would rathere be??
Is Keller getting too crowded? We are from Houston and know about zero when it comes to the Ft Worth area. Our budget is $250k-$300k. We have no children but hope too in the near future, so schools are important
We like the idea of having a bigger lot. Any thoughts are welcome!!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:15 AM

There are other developments in North Fort Worth that aren't in Keller, but that are very nice as well. There are some custom developments like Ashmore Farms off of FM 156, Van Zandt Farms off of Bonds Ranch Road that would fit your budget. Those two in particular you would be able to find some custom homes with some land (1/2 to an 1 acre) where you aren't in a regular development like Heritage.

It is more of a rural feel but still 10 - 15 mins away from grocery stores etc.

Also I know there have been a few posts on the Bluffs on here that some people have been unhappy, but for the most part, I have heard some really good things there. I also have a friend that built in there and they really enjoy it. I would go check it out yourself, go talk to some people that are out and get their opinions.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:52 AM

295 posts, read 949,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivp View Post
I was curious about what your "a lot more options" were??
My husband was offered a job in Ft Worth (downtown) and we are considering the offer seriously. We were in Ft Worth this weekend looking around and there is soo much to choose from. When we got home we also looked online and liked what we saw at Heritage the Bluffs. Now, I'm reading mixed reviews about it.
Now that you've lived in the area, is there somewhere else you would rathere be??
Is Keller getting too crowded? We are from Houston and know about zero when it comes to the Ft Worth area. Our budget is $250k-$300k. We have no children but hope too in the near future, so schools are important
We like the idea of having a bigger lot. Any thoughts are welcome!!
We live in the Bluffs and love it. We like the design of the subdivision, the walking trails, playground with tennis courts, the club house with tons of pools, short drive to 35w and alliance shops coming up. Property taxes aren't great (about 2.65%) but I think that goes for most of the surrounding areas (Southlake is higher I believe). Unless you're able to prove your land is farmland, you'll pay the high taxes.

You may have a little bit of trouble getting in the bigger lots at the bluffs with your current budget though. You should be ok finding a property with a smaller lot however.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:37 PM

3 posts, read 10,540 times
I would check out Fall Creek off of Rufe Snow. It's Keller High, Keller taxes (lower than the "other side of the tracks"), and better values. It's in close out, so you can probably get some pretty good deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth