Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 07:05 PM

170 posts, read 369,644 times

Advertisements

I found a house in Ft. Worth that I LOVE LOVE LOVE. But it is just up the street from a school that has 80% of its children on free lunch. This does not bode well for the income levels of the neighborhood.

What can you tell me about the neighborhood?

The house is on Aster Ct. in Ft. Worth. The cross street is Eagle Dr.
The school is Riverside Middle School.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 07:41 PM

3 posts, read 12,315 times
I suggest looking at the ft worth police departments website for crime statistics. That's a pretty easy way to judge a neighborhood

Good luck

Old 10-03-2009, 08:26 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
checking out homes in the area with bars on their windows is another
as well as cars parked in front yards, debris, maintenance

look at TAD site for the neighborhood itself and check home valuations and who the owners are--if you see several/more where owners do not live at the address you can tell it is a rental area--
that would not be positive feature to me

Old 10-17-2009, 12:43 AM

170 posts, read 369,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
checking out homes in the area with bars on their windows is another
as well as cars parked in front yards, debris, maintenance

look at TAD site for the neighborhood itself and check home valuations and who the owners are--if you see several/more where owners do not live at the address you can tell it is a rental area--
that would not be positive feature to me
I looked at the TAD site, great information! Thanks! But I dont see where I can tell if the owner lives in the house or its being rented...

Old 10-17-2009, 02:31 AM

4 posts, read 11,712 times
I actually live in the neighborhood and am looking into moving. Riverside has nice areas, but to get there you have to drive through the "bad" area. If you drive up Riverside Dr to 121 you will see that there are alot of run down homes and businesses. Same goes for Sylvania Dr to 121. Oakhurst is a very nice neighborhood. Is that where the house is? Also if you have children you may want to take a closer look at the schools. I drive across town to the TCU area to take my children to school because I was unhappy with the neighboorhood school. You may want to shop at Walmart on Beach. You can get a feel of what kind of people live in the area. I LOVE my house!! It is a 1930's tudor with everything I wanted in a house.......except for the neighborhood.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:13 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
the owner of rental property usually has different mail/contact address that then acutal home address-might even be in another state
sometimes it is PO Box or company name vs individual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth