U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,923 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I have been trying to read through forums and search the internet about my relocation questions... Seems to be this is the place to to go. My significant other and I will be relocating to Texas by the end of October 09 no later than Nov. 1. Here are some questions I have... We are trying to find a rental house, apartment, duplex, whatever we can find for no more than $800 a month. Here is the BIG problem I am running into... I have a rottweiler and cannot find a place that would allow me to have her? My partner will be working an 8-5 job in Bedford, Texas (so we would like to try to stay in that area or somewhere close...not a lot of traffic or long distance driving).. I looked in Bedford, seems to be a bit pricey for our what we are looking to spend. I have 2 jobs lined up when I get out there.. I will be working in a vet office in Hurst and the other job is located in the Fort Worth area (west).. is the commute traffic bad there?? The job is inside an airport I believe.. Just wanted to get some thoughts on that... If anybody knows of a good rental property management that would be great also. We are trying to find some something with at least 3 bedrooms and a garage if possible... North Richland Hills looks like a good area?? I am also open to living in the ARlington area just have know idea where to begin or look..... Also, how is the DART and fort worth commuter train?? Are the pick up/drop off areas easy to get to!? or decent housing accomodations relatively close..like i could walk there?? I know arlington does not have public transit, so I would have to drive... just need to know safe place to live, relatively cheap, dog friendly (sepcially for the my rottie), 3 bedrooms at least, garage if possible, and fenced yard?? Can anybody help? Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 07:23 PM

19,864 posts, read 60,023,560 times
Ask your soon-to-be vet employer where they suggest. Also, frequently many private owners are a lot more understanding about dogs than property managers. If you can, drive around and look for "for rent" signs. Many people do not advertise as they don't want hundreds of lookie-loo calls that have no real interest in renting the place.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:11 AM

11 posts, read 29,061 times
I do agree... a private rental would be easier to convince. Even the ones that say no Vicious Breeds are worth calling and talking to. See if they're willing to meet your pet before ruling you out. If you can't find anything that way, maybe try searching for housing closer to $500. Then when they require a 200 - 300 monthly fee on top of rent, you'll still be secure. I've seen quite a few during my searches that will take "vicious breeds" with a dog interview and additional rent and deposits. However, the jump from $800 rent to $500 can put you in some pretty nasty spots as far as crime. So chose wisely and do a LOT of research. Just because it looks nice, doesn't mean your experience there will be nice. I really wish I remembered the names of some of the units I saw. I hope you and your Rottie find a great home!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 PM

4 posts, read 8,533 times
I think you can find something here in that price range. Don't forget craigslist as they have a lot of property rentals etc and you can ask about the dog. Its a big area and if you can, I would come and check it out first.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:46 AM

32,537 posts, read 51,070,183 times
DART is in Dallas -- not FTW
FTW has bus service and there is rail shuttle from downtown FTW across to downtown Dallas and limited access to DFW airport--FTW has bus transit system but areas like Bedford and Hurst don't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth