Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:48 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,919,325 times

Advertisements

Are there any good horseback riding places in Fort Worth or very close to it? I haven't searched on-line or the Yellow Pages yet. I figured those who know this city well might be able to give a recommendation for such a place. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 12:00 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
A few years ago my wife and daughter took horse riding lessons in an area west of fort worth - about 15 miles out. They enjoyed the place quite a bit because it was low traffic, out in the country, and they actually were able to spend alot of time with the horses. It was a small, private ranch. There are tons of horseback riding places in the area though, I googled "horseback riding, fort worth" and places popped up everywhere; Grapevine, Mansfield, Lewisville, all over.

I can't for the life of me remember the place we went though. Once they get back later this afternoon I'll ask. Hopefully their memories are better than mine - although I can't promise!

Old 05-12-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
A few years ago my wife and daughter took horse riding lessons in an area west of fort worth - about 15 miles out. They enjoyed the place quite a bit because it was low traffic, out in the country, and they actually were able to spend alot of time with the horses. It was a small, private ranch. There are tons of horseback riding places in the area though, I googled "horseback riding, fort worth" and places popped up everywhere; Grapevine, Mansfield, Lewisville, all over.

I can't for the life of me remember the place we went though. Once they get back later this afternoon I'll ask. Hopefully their memories are better than mine - although I can't promise!
Thanks, I'd like to hear about that ranch you went to. I'll do some Google searching and Yellow Paging over the next few days. I'm thinking of going either next Sun. or Mon. (i.e. the following weekend).

Old 05-13-2007, 09:58 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
The place was near Azle, and it's probably not listed because it was a private ranch and my daughter's dance teacher (at the time) owned the place. Sorry, but they probably don't even offer riding to the public. I'm sure you'll find a great place though; there are tons of horseback riding places in the metroplex.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The place was near Azle, and it's probably not listed because it was a private ranch and my daughter's dance teacher (at the time) owned the place. Sorry, but they probably don't even offer riding to the public. I'm sure you'll find a great place though; there are tons of horseback riding places in the metroplex.
I see. OK, no problem. I'll search on-line and look through the Yellow Pages. Thanks.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:47 PM

3 posts, read 19,391 times
You might check out Benbrook Stables on Hwy 377 S., I would guess about a mile (give or take) south of I-20 in Benbrook. Back in my younger days, we would rent horses and take to the riding trail around Benbrook Lake. I know the stables are still there and there are usually several horses grazing. I assume they still have them available 'by the hour'.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Transplant View Post
You might check out Benbrook Stables on Hwy 377 S., I would guess about a mile (give or take) south of I-20 in Benbrook. Back in my younger days, we would rent horses and take to the riding trail around Benbrook Lake. I know the stables are still there and there are usually several horses grazing. I assume they still have them available 'by the hour'.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look them up.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Horseback Riding in FW

I found this Web page that lists the following ranches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortWorth.com
You can saddle up and ride at many places in and around Fort Worth:

ABC Stables
5440 Bennett Lawson Rd. Mansfield.
817-478-8984

Beaumont Ranch
10736 County Road 102. Grandview.
888-864-6935

Benbrook Stables
10001 Hwy. 377 South.
817-249-1001

Silver Creek Stables
9400 Silver Creek Road.
817-367-0436

Stockyards Livery & Arena
130 E. Exchange.
817-624-3446

Wildcatter Ranch & Resort
6062 Hwy. 16 South. Graham.
888-462-9277

Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 PM

Also, this Web page lists "Horseback Riding, Rodeos & Shows".
Quote:
World Championship American Paint Horse Show - Late June to Early July - Will Rogers Coliseum, Fort Worth.
Benbrook Stables - Horseback Tail Riding.
Billy Bob's Texas - Rodeo every Friday and Saturday night.
Bridlewood Stables - Riding Lessons - Flower Mound.
Eagle Mountain Lake Equestrain Center - Riding Lessons - NW Fort Worth.
Flower Mound Equestrian Center - Riding Lessons and Summer Camp - Flower Mound.
Highland Horses Riding School - Riding Lessons - Rockwall.
Kid Riders - Riding Lessons and Summer Camp - Fort Worth.
Las Colinas Equestrain Center - Riding Lessons - Irving.
M-Bar-K Farms - Riding Lessons - Cedar Hill.
MD Barrel Horses - Riding Lessons - Mesquite.
New Ground Farms - Riding Lessons - SW Fort Worth.
Rocking M Stables - Summer Camp - Dallas.
Rockin' W Ranch - Riding Lessons - Palmer (30 miles S. of Dallas on I-45).
The Mesquite Championship Rodeo
National Cowgirl Museum & Hall of Fame - Make your own bronc riding video. One of Annie Oakley's rifles on display - Fort Worth.
Fort Worth Stock Show And Rodeo - Mid January to Early February.
Summer Spectacular Cutting Horse Show - Mid. to Late July - Will Rogers Coliseum, Fort Worth.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:43 PM

26 posts, read 124,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Transplant View Post
I've heard nothing but great things about them. I stopped in there once and they were real nice. They do have trail rides open to the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth