U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 08:12 PM

4 posts, read 6,589 times

Advertisements

So this is a message requesting recommendations.

I will be starting a new job at
JPS Healthcare
1500 South Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas

in December

I need to find an apartment to live in (1 Bedroom $700-$800 a month with as much stuff included as possible) as close to my office as possible in as nice an area (low crime etc) as possible. Short commute.

Next I need to buy a home when the rest of my family comes down in the summer. Price range $170-225K, great school district is a MUST and top priority. Need a 3 BR home with enough acreage to install a pool or have a pool already. Short commute time is also a high priority.

Looking for apartment recommendations and areas to buy a home.

First hand recommendations are most appreciated. I would like to thank everyone for thier feedback in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 PM

32,626 posts, read 51,228,257 times
frankly the better school districts in your price range would be HEB ISD, Birdville ISD, some parts of Grapevine in the Grapevine Colleyville district
Southlake Carroll will be too expensive

short commute time is too intangible--what is a short commute time for you

HEB, parts of North Richland Hills would take about 20-25 min to get to JPS

there are parts of FTW that have good elementary and junior high schools but the only high school I would recommend would be Paschal--you can attend if you live in its zone or you can try for an inner-district tranfer in the spring--that is pretty competitive but Paschal usually has largest # of National Merit semi-and finalists of public ISDs in area--

Old 11-10-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
frankly the better school districts in your price range would be HEB ISD, Birdville ISD, some parts of Grapevine in the Grapevine Colleyville district
Southlake Carroll will be too expensive

short commute time is too intangible--what is a short commute time for you

HEB, parts of North Richland Hills would take about 20-25 min to get to JPS

there are parts of FTW that have good elementary and junior high schools but the only high school I would recommend would be Paschal--you can attend if you live in its zone or you can try for an inner-district tranfer in the spring--that is pretty competitive but Paschal usually has largest # of National Merit semi-and finalists of public ISDs in area--
20-25 mins would be a great commute time for me.
Sorry don't know what HEB stands for.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 AM

10,574 posts, read 22,508,197 times
HEB stands for Hurst-Euless-Bedford. These three cities share one school district.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:14 PM

339 posts, read 911,198 times
I suggest going north on I-35 and look in the Keller ISD (Independent School District). This district covers Keller and north Fort Worth, and it's about 10 miles north of your work location. Keller is one of the higher-rated districts in the county, and there are plenty of homes in your price range.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:18 PM

Well I got no recommendations for an apartment so I had to choose something and I can't tell you where I decided on because some over zealous admin will think I am advertising for them and delete all my posts because I don't have ten posts. It was just outside FW about 3 miles from work.

I have heard good things about Keller also.

I was expecting a lot more feedback but doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth