U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM

91 posts, read 318,362 times

Advertisements

Thanks everybody. We are heading out for a quick look this next week. Any homes for sale or rent in Keller that you think we would love? Looking to rent for $1800 or less and buy for $275 or less (hopefully less). I have looked around a bit and am working with brokers, but the one the ground eyes are always the best!

We'd love to rent and we may for a bit, but yeesh-with extra pet fees associated with renting-it pushes the rent up so mich higher we may as well rent and get some of the tax benefits!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 10:10 AM

3,043 posts, read 11,039,103 times
If I were you I would not hesitate to contact any seller whose house has been on the market for over 5-6mo and the property is empty to see if they would consider renting.
YOu may get even get someone willing to do a month to just ot get some income and someone in the house. Carrying homeowners on an empty house is way expensive.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:57 PM

Good point. I will keep my eye out. Thanks.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:08 PM

Good point. I will keep my eye out. Thanks.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:58 AM

32,597 posts, read 51,179,354 times
I don't think anyone with an empty house would consider renting for a month to someone from out of state--
that is really foolish and probably against their real estate contract...
BUT they might consider --IF their realtor gets commission--renting long term to qualified person and there are some homes that also say "for lease" in addition to sale sign

I would say find a neighborhood you like and call some realtors listing homes in area about homes for lease
I know the realtor we used when buying our current home said that most of the homes that are over 500K are often available for lease if owners have moved out--too many people in that price range have homes they need to sell first before buying and where ever that home is == the market is pretty stagnant--so she is seeing more and more high end people looking for homes to rent in interim

Old 01-16-2010, 11:30 AM

Thanks, again, all.

-Any threads or websites I should be checking to get an understanding of utility costs? I know it varies house to house and thermostat to thermostat, but some general ballparks will help the budget comparisons quite a bit. We usually keep the heat in the winter months at about 62-65 and in the summer keep the house around 72-75. Having never lived in TX, I am unsure what we might be in for weather wise and utility cost wise. Any thoughts?

Random: In terms of RE contracts, a seller can dump their broker at any time unless the house is under contract, right? I am not saying I promote that behavior, if it is unwarranted-but that is how it has been in CA, CO and VA. Hiring a broker has always been an at-will thing for while you want to sell or while you are liking that broker. Either party can scoot if they want without recourse except in special circumstances, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth