Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 01:37 PM

24 posts, read 77,228 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be taking a trip to Texas in March. We are hoping to make a move sometime this summer before our oldest son starts high school.
We will be looking for a place to rent first and would like to be able to keep our 2 horses on the property with us. Are there any communities that allow you to keep horses and have access to trail riding? I would love to meet people with these same interests and still be close enough to shopping, movies, and some entertainment.
Can anyone suggest some areas of interest we should check out on our trip...I would be so greatful for any suggestions.
Good schools is also a concern since we have 2 younger children and one entering high school. We have heard such good things about the school system in Texas and just the general pride of the state and it's people makes it so appealing. I can't wait to come see for myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 05:45 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Weatherford. All of those Cutting Horse people who live out there can't be wrong!!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:01 PM

24 posts, read 77,228 times
Weatherford is definately on my list of places to check out~thanks!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:27 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,635 times
Is your wife on the board as well? I think I emailed her some locations to check out as well. There are some properties off of Bonds Ranch Road that are horse properties. Everyone seems to have one or two out there along with tack rooms and sheds etc., There are a few properties for sale out there. It is in North Fort Worth and very nice, good schools too.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:01 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
run a search on this forum for horse property and I think you will find other posts from people in similar situation
I will also PM you an MLS site that lets you search for houses that allow horses -- covers several counties in DFW area but maybe not Weatherford zone itself...

Old 01-30-2010, 04:56 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,039 times
Look into Decatur. It is a small, but growing town that is very family-oriented. There is a lot of people out there that have horses and are into all of the roping and rodeos. Several nationally known rodeo champions live out there apparently. The houses are on larger lots and I think you would have a lot in common with the people there. I have a co-worker who lives there and he says the schools are great. He lives in a neighborhood called "Holly Ridge" and we went out there one time and I noticed that a lot of the homes in there have 3 and 4 acres behind them where they have a barn, horses, etc. I am sure there is homes with even more acreage if you wanted more as well. It's about 25 minutes northwest of Ft. Worth, so you would still be able to enjoy all of the city conveniences, such as shopping, restaurants, movies, entertainment, etc. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth