Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 05:59 PM

43 posts, read 294,105 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. My daughter is in Colleyville Elementary School - she's in kindergarten there. Do any of you have any ideas about what to do with her during the summer? I'm kind of interested in summer day camps that would take my 4 year old son too. I'm just kind of looking for something other than putting her in daycare for the summer because she says that's for 'babies'! I work full time, so need to get something that can work within my work schedule too (most of the ones I've seen drop off at 9am and I can't get away with that for the entire summer with work!). Let me know if you guys have any ideas! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 05:52 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
unless you have daycare or private nanny you probably won't find a summer program that will open before 9 am--
programs like Tarrant County's summer school for younger children and pre-teens is great
TCC District College for Kids (http://www.tccd.edu/neutral/divisiondepartmentpage.asp?pagekey=619 - broken link)
but it is only for three weeks and starts with 3rd graders

ARTSNET has summer art program but it is held in variety of locations and starts at 9 am
ARTSNET Home (http://www.artsnetc.org/HomePage.asp - broken link)

so is the museum school for kids in FTW run by the Science Museum--I guess it will be open this year--
but there is nothing currently about the summer program on its web site
FWMSH - Museum School (http://www.fwmuseum.org/mus_school/index.html - broken link)
THIS IS VERY COMPETITIVE--THERE ARE PARENTS WHO CAMP OUT OVERNIGHT TO BE AT THE HEAD OF THE LIST TO SIGN UP FOR CLASSES but it is not an all-day affair and does not start before 9 as I remember...

check out the FTW child magazine--they usually run something in the spring about summer programs and the FTW star-telegram has something as well
you might call or email the LIFE editor about past issue

Bedford rec sponsors a children's day care--page says it opens at 7 am but not sure about that since part of the explanation says 9 am
City of Bedford: Bedford Summer Day Camp (http://www.ci.bedford.tx.us/Departments/parks_recreation/recreation/youth_activities/summerdaycamp.htm - broken link)

Old 01-19-2009, 07:52 AM

43 posts, read 294,105 times
Thanks so much loves2read! I really appreciate the tips - we'll definitely check out the museum school - they also have Saturday classes, so we can enjoy that one for sure. Thanks again for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 7,236 times
The museum school rocks - I went there as a kid, and have some pretty awesome memories of fun summers there. Of course, that was way back in the late eighties/early nineties, so I can't say what it's like today.

[mod] must have more than 10 posts to make specific recommendaitons [/mod]

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 03-08-2010 at 03:58 PM..

Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 AM

74 posts, read 202,044 times
You don't miss much do you Loves2? Half the time I am not even paying attention to the starting dates of the threads. Oh well . . . what I was going to add was information on the Museum school in the case anyone is interested in this year's deadlines (2010). I just received the Museum School brochure and it states that the first group will be processed for next school are processed on 3/25. As other posters have stated, it fills up quickly so get your applications in soon if anyone is interested. The applications for the summer programs will be available on-line by mid-April or you can call for a brochure to be mailed #817-255-9333.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
definitely recommend Museum school from past experience with my own ( now grown son and daughter--they still remember their classes there)...
new building should be icing on the cake...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth