U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,272 times

Advertisements

I seriously need some help as I don't know the area well at all. My hubbie and I are looking to relocate to the area this summer we have two kids age 5 and 9 months. The things that are most important to us about the area we move to is it has to have good schools for our kids prefferably on the smaller side, it has to be close to a college I am trying to finish and get my RN. Another thing is we are looking to buy a home but we don't have a huge budget for it either 100,000 at most. We also don't want to live to close to Dallas or Fort Worth maybe an hour commute at most if possible. I like more of the hometown feel but still have all the ammenities. We are looking at the suburbs of Dallas and Fort Worth so any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 08:26 PM

10,576 posts, read 22,513,745 times
Hill College in Hillsboro and Weatherford College in Weatherford both have good RN programs and are about an hour's drive. You should be able to find a house there in your price range. I would honestly recommend renting since when you get your RN, you will probably want to live closer to the city since that is where the RN jobs are!

Old 03-24-2010, 05:48 AM

13 posts, read 73,376 times
Whats your price point? Luckily there are some really good school districts in the area as well as some great homes as long as you make sure and do your research. My wife and I just bought and moved into our new home recently and we couldn't be happier! If you need any adivce on any areas to look just let me know exactly what ya need I grew up in DFW.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:46 AM

13 posts, read 73,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike6784 View Post
Whats your price point? Luckily there are some really good school districts in the area as well as some great homes as long as you make sure and do your research. My wife and I just bought and moved into our new home recently and we couldn't be happier! If you need any adivce on any areas to look just let me know exactly what ya need I grew up in DFW.

To clarify we just sold our home and are abut to build our new home! We are very excited we just have to pick a builder now!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 AM

6,955 posts, read 20,789,102 times
North Arlington near UTA. Send your kids to Summit International Prep. Its a public charter school; part of the uplift program. Small classes and if your kids get in they can be there K-12. Alot like a private school. Summit International Preparatory - Homepage (http://www.summitinternationalprep.org/home - broken link) you can search home prices at realtor sites; zip code 76012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth