U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 10:24 PM

3,567 posts, read 4,275,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey View Post
Without more information, you can't call it hypocrisy...

I'd imagine that if I was a black person, I might ask about black communities because that's where I'd more likely find businesses that cater to my specific needs, e.g. a hair salon. If I was Indian, I might want to know where the Indian communities are so that I might find a market that sells hard-to-find cooking spices. If I was Korean, if I was latino, etc., etc...

Now why might a white person look for a place that is more of a white community?
For the exact same reasons. It's also none of your business, I'd say. I can't stand living in immigrant communities. I want to live among Americans.
Again, it's nobody's business. This forum is here to help and not to judge. If you want to do that, then you can go to the politics forum.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-05-2010, 10:32 PM

1,064 posts, read 3,378,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Get over yourself. People ask about that on here all the time. "I want to live in a black community", "I want to live in a latino community".

But yeah, without more information, it's impossibile to give some advice.
I agree. There have been plenty of posts asking where certain communities/races live so why can't anyone ask that, including caucasian people? It is a double standard. Remember, the OP said that is what he was just used so I don't see a reason to jump all over him. Give a person a chance to explain first before judging them.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:31 PM

4,627 posts, read 7,767,284 times
It’s really not that hard to find an all white suburb in DFW. Just head north and you should be find. Not many Negros or Latinos up that way. There may be a couple of Asians so be careful.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:23 AM

4,726 posts, read 10,854,869 times
Upper New England - Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine - has the whitest population in the country I believe, so the OP would seem to be searching in the wrong area.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM

13,402 posts, read 22,657,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
It’s really not that hard to find an all white suburb in DFW. Just head north and you should be find. Not many Negros or Latinos up that way. There may be a couple of Asians so be careful.
I was thinking the suburbs west of Fort Worth would be a better bet. Some of the Northern suburbs are diversifying fast.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 AM

394 posts, read 1,143,943 times
Take a look at each town's demographics and go for it!

//www.city-data.com/city/Texas.html

City-data has everything you need to make an informed choice.

Good luck! I hope that you don't mind seeing the occasional non-white while you're out shopping or driving to and from work. If that's the case, well... I'm sure there are areas where you can self isolate. Are there any cave communities in TX?

-Eric

Last edited by Eric S; 04-07-2010 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: nonsensical grammar

Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 AM

264 posts, read 822,418 times
Why is it so horrible someone wants to live in a community with mostly whites ? Gays come in here screaming how they need a place to be comfortable. You know why ? Because despite what the PC police tell us most people want to live around other people like themselves. Its that simple.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 AM

1,143 posts, read 3,288,089 times
You can pull up any city on wikipedia and see the demographics.
For example, If you look up Waco, TX, The 2000 racial makeup of the city was 60.78% White, 22.65% African American, 1.38% Asian, 0.51% Native American, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 12.38% from other races, and 2.26% from two or more races. 23.64% Hispanic or Latino.

For what it's worth, I also grew up in a very white city. But I have found that my life is much more enriched living in more diverse area. My circle of close friends are from India, Columbia, Venezuela, Mexico & South Africa. I love these women and never would have met them if I hadn't move to a more diverse area.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:52 AM

4,726 posts, read 10,854,869 times
To tell you the truth, I find the phrasing of the OP suspect and maybe really a wind-up. Unless you move to the North Side or to areas of East Fort Worth you are largely going to be in whitey land. I don't know why anyone would assume that Fort Worth isn't mostly white anyway. If the OP had said something like, "I'm considering a move to Fort Worth and would like to know what the poverty/predominantly minority areas are that I should avoid in a search for rentals", I might have had a different impression. It could still represent encoded bigotry, but would at least indicate that the OP was trying to avoid wasting time on a property search that might include places in more dangerous and crime-ridden parts of town. Now obviously there are middle class predominantly black and hispanic areas of Fort Worth, but the fact is that unless the OP is able to live in a very affluent area of town, he/she is quite likely to wind up in a neighborhood that does include some non-whites. We don't have apartheid laws in this country.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 AM

1,752 posts, read 2,421,370 times
Lightbulb Not As Cut And Dried As That

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerguy45 View Post
Why is it so horrible someone wants to live in a community with mostly whites ? Gays come in here screaming how they need a place to be comfortable. You know why ? Because despite what the PC police tell us most people want to live around other people like themselves. Its that simple.
Take my situation for example...I'm black, and live in Middletown, Ohio, population a little over 50,000...of which a little over 10% are black...the nighborhood I live in now is and always has been predominately white---in fact my wife, mom-in-law and I are one of maybe 3-4 black families in that area...but you know what? In the 3+ yrs we've been there, our neighbors have been nothing short of accomodating, from a simple hello in the morning, to taking the time to throw our paper by the garage door, to loaning various tools, etc...I don't think our color makes a lot of difference to them...

I said all that to say that you're absolutely right---that 99% of the time, folks are more comfortable living amongst those who look like them...but I'm in that other 1%---I don't mind being amongst my white neighbors, and if I ever move from Middletown, I'll seek an equally welcoming 'hood...and if it happens to be more black than white, or with lots of other races/nationalities around, all the better...

I'd like to think that at age 54, I'm never too old to be curious about the lives and cultures of others outside my own race
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth