Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:57 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,099,798 times

Advertisements

Looking for a high quality hair salon in the Granbury, Fort Worth area that does great Highlights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 10:39 AM

5 posts, read 33,974 times
Roma,

I have heard much talk about blushes salon. (No, I have no personal or business interest in this salon) It seems to have everything you would want and is 'famous' for its treatment of its guests.

"Blushes Salon Spa Granbury, Dallas, Ft. Worth, TX" is the website (It is around the Acton area.)

Old 06-25-2007, 11:17 PM

13 posts, read 36,678 times
Esoterica hands down. There is one located on Foch St. & 7th near the cultrual district and then another one in Grapevine as well of 114. There are also known to have live dj's playing during the day and also have an after hours with live djs in the mix. They also have internet stations and wine/beer while getting your hair did. Check out their website. They hook you up with a free haircut when you purchase color. The coupon can be printed out from esotericasalon.com

peace,george

Old 02-10-2008, 09:24 AM

4 posts, read 17,984 times
Daireds Salon in Arlington is awesome. Hayley is my colorist and she is talented, and opinionated in a good way. I have loved my hair since I first started going to her last year. And they carry Kerastace which is only available to the best salons in the country.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:49 PM

9 posts, read 33,507 times
Roma,
I've tried 4 different hairdressers in the 8 months we've lived here, finally I found a stylist I like at Sonya and Co on Morgan Street. Her name is Lindsye and she does a really great job. I'm getting my hair done tomorrow morning actually because she's having a special this month. This will probably sound snooty, but it isn't meant to be, so please understand my thoughts here. We moved from the east coast and obviously hair is very different here than there, it took me a while to find someone I was felt truly listened to what I wanted and was really good at what she does.

I tried Blushes and really wanted to like them because a friend highly recommended them, but really hated my hair.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiltgirl View Post
Roma,
I've tried 4 different hairdressers in the 8 months we've lived here, finally I found a stylist I like at Sonya and Co on Morgan Street. Her name is Lindsye and she does a really great job. I'm getting my hair done tomorrow morning actually because she's having a special this month. This will probably sound snooty, but it isn't meant to be, so please understand my thoughts here. We moved from the east coast and obviously hair is very different here than there, it took me a while to find someone I was felt truly listened to what I wanted and was really good at what she does.

I tried Blushes and really wanted to like them because a friend highly recommended them, but really hated my hair.
Thanks quiltgirl! I did finally find one out here in Granbury. It took almost 3 years!!! Her name is Raquel and she is at CC& Comapany. I say where you said you are in Catalina Bay. We are in Bentwater on the lake. We're moving though as soon as our home sells, back to California.

Take care,

Roma

Old 02-14-2008, 05:09 PM

Best wishes on selling! How is the market here in Granbury? I often sarcastically refer to it as Hooterville! My husband loves it here, but it takes getting used to. Mostly though, I think because I miss my friends. What part of California are you moving to? Family there? Good luck on a quick sale.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the laugh quiltgirl. Hooterville is a perfect name for it and it's so true!!!

We are moving back to southern California. We lived in Ventura County for many years but we're now thinking of moving to Orange County along the coast.

Our realtor told us that spring and summer are the hot times here on the lake to sell. We own, besides our home on the lake, 2 different lakefront lots that we are also trying to sell. I hope by the end of summer everything is sold but we are prepared to sit if needed too.

As far as the market in our area goes, I heard that lakefront is holding and still going up. We have done well on our investments here. I think Granbury is a great place to invest in lakefront properties. We've been here a little over 3 years and our properties have gone up well (except for one). So we are happy about all of that. It was timing too.

I told my husband that if we were planning on staying here that I would somehow get involved in real estate in Granbury. It's just amazing at the growth and money here. You wouldn't think so though by just driving down 377. Granbury is a little gold mine, a Hooterville gold mine.

I also wanted to add that I'm not sure I spelled Raquel at CC&Co right. It might be spelled Rachael. It's "not" pronounced like Raquel Welch. It "is" pronounced like Rachael Ray (the TV cook). I just noticed that.

Last edited by Roma; 02-16-2008 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: add

Old 02-16-2008, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the recommendation on Raquel. The secretary for our builder gets her hair done there.

We bought our lot in 2005 and have been shocked at how it has riisen in value. Part of that is purely greed on the the part of the lovely Hood County appraisers and their desire to fund all things on the backs of the waterfront property owners, but that's another diatribe. It really is amazing to see the growth and hopefully soon TxDot and Hood County can resolve their differences and fix some of the traffic issues.

Best of luck selling all your properties. I'm curious as to how you chose a realtor. You certainly can ignore that if you'd like, I'm just curious. This is an interesting town.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 AM

Oh yes the realtors. I got to tell you it's pretty scary out here as far as realtors go. They do things so differently then what I'm used to. They only show you their listings when you are looking for a home or lot and not show you everything in your price range and in your pacific desires and wants. It's a little game out here with them and it hurts us, the consumer.

We bought the properties we own with the top producer out here (you might know who I mean) but she burned us with one of our lots so we aren't using her to sell any of our properties.

We are using someone who actually used to live in your subdivision. She sells in your subdivision too. She also worked at the same company as the other realtor we used in the past until something happened and the other realtor went out on her own. Their office is just across the street and down a bit from your subdivision.

I hope she is honest and can sell our properties. After being burned out here it's hard to trust these guys. I talk to so many people that tell me horror stories with their realtors out here. Granbury does things differently that's for sure. In my opinion, not for the better either. As it grows I believe it will get better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth