U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 12:18 PM

9 posts, read 29,258 times

Advertisements

Ha ha, thanks 5stones. When I was a kid we grew up in VA and my mom sent us to Summer
Bible School, etc, that were run by other denomanations. I had lots of fun and wouldn't be opposed to signing my kids up for something like that.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM

47 posts, read 173,091 times
North Texas is a diverse population and there are many different types of religious groups here. I'm not Mormon but here's there closest LDS church that I know of to Keller:

[SIZE=4]Church of Jesus Christ of LDS[/SIZE]
500 West Bonds Ranch Road
Fort Worth, TX 76131
(817) 439-3968

Old 04-21-2010, 07:34 PM

3,029 posts, read 11,016,604 times
NO. as stated in previous posts there is an LDS church right in Keller on Willis lane and North Tarrant.
The Watagua ward.
There is one in NRH, Haltom several in FT worth and Arlington etc....
mormon in Fort Worth, TX - YellowBot

Old 10-23-2011, 01:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,265 times
I'm a native Texan, lived in Keller for 10 years, and an LDS convert. There are a lot of LDS in the area in fact the Park Glen neighborhood has the highest LDS population in the area! Good luck with your move!

Old 10-23-2011, 09:39 PM

276 posts, read 370,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeByMarzipan View Post
Hello, we are thinking of relocating to the Keller area from Idaho. I have had several people who have lived in the area warn me against this, because we are Mormon and apparently the North Fort Worth area is "staunchly Baptist," according to them.

I have no problem whatsoever living in an area that is predominately Baptist. But would my neighbors have a problem with ME? I would hate for my children to be excluded because we do not attend the same church. We are Christians with good morals anyhow.

What do you think? Would my children really be ostracized, or are these opinions of ignorant people?
If people here ostracize you because you are LDS, it's their loss.

The pastor of First Baptist Dallas recently made a comment referring to the LDS church as a "cult." That sort of talk is ridiculous. Every Mormon I've ever met has the sort of values any community would welcome.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:49 PM

24,063 posts, read 24,478,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexasgal View Post
If people here ostracize you because you are LDS, it's their loss.

The pastor of First Baptist Dallas recently made a comment referring to the LDS church as a "cult." That sort of talk is ridiculous. Every Mormon I've ever met has the sort of values any community would welcome.
What a nice thing to say! Sorry I couldn't rep you again, but thanks a lot!

Old 11-05-2011, 01:09 PM

339 posts, read 905,771 times
I'm not a Mormon, but I've noticed a Mormon church on North Beach Street just north of the intersection with Basswood Boulevard, and it is about three miles south of Keller.

I would think there are more differences between Idaho and Texas than religion that you may need to consider, such as weather, traffic, and topography. I've never been to Idaho, but it seems colder, slower paced, less populous, and more mountainous than here. I have no idea about your school system, but Texas doesn't value excellent schools since they're insufficiently funded, have a high dropout rate, and test scores are low-to-average compared to other states.

On the upside, companies are relocating or expanding causing job growth in DFW, we have lots of sporting events and concerts, housing is relatively inexpensive, and people are polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth