U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 03:38 PM

3,029 posts, read 11,014,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
15 min to Southlake Town Square, 15 min to DFW
???
DFW is a bit further than town center, can't make it to DFW in 15 from Thronbridge.
esp with the construction. 114 through southlake and grapevine is a mess in the AM and PM. It's taken me 30 minutes to get from white chappel to Texan drive at 7:30am

Yes Southlake Towncenter is 15 minutes!!

sundance square in 15-20 minutes? seriously? How do you go?
well maybe on sunday night. But no way during any sort of commute. it will take you 15-20 minutes just to get to the freeway. 30-45 minutes on daily commute basis. Best way is Davis to 121 and that is going to take about 40 minutes in rush hour.
820 is a mess and so is 35.

It's a nice neighobrhood and in a good location with very good schools and low crime.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 711 times
I currently live in SOuthlake but plan to build in keller. Would I be entitled to any discounts on my property taxes since I am 68 yrs. old? I do have homestead here in southlake. I assume keller also has that exemption. Please advise. Maklepikow@hotmail.com

Old 11-13-2014, 07:21 PM

232 posts, read 313,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
partly the confusion comes because home values are higher in Colleyville on avg than in Hurst or FTW--so the "avg" tax bill in Colleyville is higher--the difference in rates is magnified because of the total value of the home

buy a 18K car--pay tax based on that price
buy a 58K car--pay more tax because car's value is higher...

if you are planning to start a family--SCHOOLS should be the issue--not tax rate
you want to find a home that you can afford in the best ISD possible and frankly that is not FTW ISD--

while FTW ISD has some elementary schools are get good TAKS ratings--the middle schools are just horrible--and the only high school I would recommend is Paschal...and unless you buy in Paschal zone, it means trying for the lottery--

we live in north Hurst and my husband works in Sundance Sq--takes him about 25 min either way--
took him about 30 when we lived in Bedford...

the problem with the Mid-Cities is that there is relatively few newer homes--most homes are at least 10-15 yrs old--
you don't mention price
that is important but schools are really the top factor when people are looking for a house...
What about Trimble Tech? Everyone keeps claiming that Paschal is better when it comes to academics but Trimble Tech is the only school who has achieved a national rank multiple times...

Old 11-13-2014, 08:23 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,066,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbealkellerisd View Post
Thornbridge Estates in North Richland Hills- 15-20 min to Sundance, Keller ISD (some Birdville on one side of neighborhood), 15 min to Southlake Town Square, 15 min to DFW, price range $290s to 500k, lots of kids from babies to HS in neigborhood, Elementary school 1 min drive and it's in Colleyville.

Neighborhood is just south of Davis Blvd. and Precinct Line Road.
We were just there last weekend, visiting the park in the area. I can vouch that it's pretty!

That said, I'd think it would take more than 15 minutes to get from there to Southlake Town Square unless you caught every light and had little traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth