U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM

3,029 posts, read 11,018,432 times

Advertisements

gtwnmom...Also remember to check the TAD (for Tarrant county) for the Tax listing you can find out how much the taxes are for a property.

ebby is a RE site that lets you search by school distict or even individual school. that came in real handy to us when we were looking. BUT always check with the ISD website incase the boundries are up for change NOT all RE sites have the school listed correctly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 PM

33 posts, read 74,823 times
I am going to chime in here. Fort Worth ISD has some great schools. I get to experience this each day on my job as I work with teachers. Scores are not what matters most, but what does matter is a well rounded education where students become lifelong learners and love to learn. Not learn to test, but build a love for learning in a way that meets the needs of each of our students. I don't like when people down a school district and schools when they do not physically go see what is going on in the schools themselves. If you need input let me know.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:06 PM

200 posts, read 420,766 times
Fort Worth is a terrific city with some wonderful public and private schools - perhaps a bit more diverse than the vast wasteland that is in between Fort Worth and Dallas. Moderator cut: rude and hostile TRUST ME - avoid Keller, North Richland Hills, Arlington, Southlake, anyplace in the HEB plastic cities, Irving, Arlington, Grand Prarie, anyplace north of I635 in Dallas, I could go on. It's like moving to New York City. If you move there and want to experience its best, you move to Manhattan or Central Brooklyn. All else is toe jam. If you're moving here, live in central west or southwest Fort Worth, or central north or central east Dallas. Otherwise, run like your hair is on fire...

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-16-2010 at 12:03 AM..

Old 05-15-2010, 04:48 PM

14 posts, read 30,293 times
I think it's funny that the Grapevine/Colleyville school district is always rated so highly. I was a student at Colleyville Heritage High School in the late 90's and I found it to be a pretty miserable experience. The majority of my teachers were not memorable (i.e. had us complete worksheets for most of the class) and the school culture was very close-minded. Most of the students seemed obsessed by social status and drove brand new BMW's to school to show off. I would have loved to have attended a more diverse school in which thinking outside the box was appreciated.

The thing about school ratings is that they only focus on certain features; namely, test scores, money spent per pupil, and the number of students who take AP tests. I think it's important to actually visit a school to get a better idea of what it's like rather than rely on rankings that don't tend to show the complete picture.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:55 PM

32,505 posts, read 50,986,809 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote
--have lived in Mid-Cities area for 20+ years and basically FTW ISD has been a negative experience all that time--the school board and the admin are stuffed with people who are out of date about what to do with the demographics of their situation--district has had some serious instances of fraud in the past and frankly most people I know who live IN FTW and have money send their children to private school...even people who don't have that much money try to do that if they can...
there are nice areas of ftw and it has a great downtown and museum district--but frankly the schools are NOT what people move to FTW for...

and frankly a "visit" to a school is about as worthless as marrying someone after one date...it will be surface impression and pretty much meaningless...

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-16-2010 at 12:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth