Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:01 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,401,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Dallas has a huge and picturesque downtown and arts district. Fort Worth can't even compare. They have the stockyards and thats it.
dallas strives to be california-ish...fort worth strives to be fort worth, the biggest little town in America.

dallas can keep it's $30k millionaires driving their "shiny bout to be repoed" bmw's...

if you think the stockyards is all fort worth has, then you probably haven't made it west of irving...try getting out a little more!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:19 PM

744 posts, read 1,840,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
dallas strives to be california-ish...fort worth strives to be fort worth, the biggest little town in America.

dallas can keep it's $30k millionaires driving their "shiny bout to be repoed" bmw's...

if you think the stockyards is all fort worth has, then you probably haven't made it west of irving...try getting out a little more!
I have been to Arlington because that is where the baseball and football team is(Dallas'). Fort Worth claims to have DFW Airport and now the Cowboys. Despite the fact that neither is in Fort Worth and Tarrant County represents part of the DFW metroplex.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
I have been to Arlington because that is where the baseball and football team is(Dallas'). Fort Worth claims to have DFW Airport and now the Cowboys. Despite the fact that neither is in Fort Worth and Tarrant County represents part of the DFW metroplex.
you have been to Arlington, b/c that is where the baseball and football team is(Dallas')?

so, you're saying that the Texas Rangers are exclusive to Dallas? not sure how you reached that conclusion...but, last time I checked, the Rangers have played ball in Arlington, TX for the past few decades bro!

and the Dallas Cowboys...sure, it's the Dallas Cowboys...but, isn't it funny how it's much closer to Fort Worth than Dallas now?? wonder why? maybe b/c Dallas had some issues with allowing a state of the art Stadium being built in Dallas? Score 1 for Arlington and Fort Worth!

i've read a few of your posts in this thread...and...wait..what's that?? lemme check the old radar!! yep, just as i suspected...troll detected!!

Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,384,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Fort Worth has already got Dallas beat for its downtown, the arts district, and general friendliness. The only thing Dallas gets out of being bigger is worse traffic.
..Whoa.......Not really.........DTFW reminds me of.......Old Town on Greenville and Lovers......yes it can be busy....so is old Town.Its not the same Calibur as DTD....Even if there wasnt a sole on the streets in DTD i still would prefer it over DTFW. iIt Has more City vibe along with a larger Scale....People say dtfw is better because it seems busy. Wich is true....but these people are going allllll the way downtown just to go to generic bookstore or starbucks...nothing unique at all....its small and busy with nothing to see...just regular old stores u find in every neighborhood in dallas......GET REAL

Old 06-03-2010, 05:57 PM

211 posts, read 474,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
..Whoa.......Not really.........DTFW reminds me of.......Old Town on Greenville and Lovers......yes it can be busy....so is old Town.Its not the same Calibur as DTD....Even if there wasnt a sole on the streets in DTD i still would prefer it over DTFW. iIt Has more City vibe along with a larger Scale....People say dtfw is better because it seems busy. Wich is true....but these people are going allllll the way downtown just to go to generic bookstore or starbucks...nothing unique at all....its small and busy with nothing to see...just regular old stores u find in every neighborhood in dallas......GET REAL

Does this forum not have spell check...?

Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
you have been to Arlington, b/c that is where the baseball and football team is(Dallas')?

so, you're saying that the Texas Rangers are exclusive to Dallas? not sure how you reached that conclusion...but, last time I checked, the Rangers have played ball in Arlington, TX for the past few decades bro!

and the Dallas Cowboys...sure, it's the Dallas Cowboys...but, isn't it funny how it's much closer to Fort Worth than Dallas now?? wonder why? maybe b/c Dallas had some issues with allowing a state of the art Stadium being built in Dallas? Score 1 for Arlington and Fort Worth!

i've read a few of your posts in this thread...and...wait..what's that?? lemme check the old radar!! yep, just as i suspected...troll detected!!
It was not moved there for Fort Worth though. Arlington is still a suburb of Dallas too. Its funny, Dallas had no problem building American Airlines Center. Dallas is the main part of the plex, it is the big one, and most people I have heard say Dallas when they say they are going down for a Rangers or Cowboys game. Fort Worth just has minor league teams in the city itself, Dallas has an NBA and NHL team in town. HA!

Old 06-04-2010, 06:12 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,427,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Fort Worth will probably get it's own transit system eventually, so it doesn't need to be called DART.
will it be called FWART?

and it doesn't show cities, but it does give you an idea for counties.

2008 Population Projections - Texas Counties (http://txsdc.utsa.edu/tpepp/2008projections/2008_txpopprj_cntytotnum.php - broken link)

Old 06-05-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
will it be called FWART?

and it doesn't show cities, but it does give you an idea for counties.

2008 Population Projections - Texas Counties (http://txsdc.utsa.edu/tpepp/2008projections/2008_txpopprj_cntytotnum.php - broken link)

Fort Worth, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fort Worth is also estimated to be at 826,665 in population by 2030 turns out. No way can it beat Dallas which has already surpassed 1.3 million.

According to the projections at Research & Information Services - NCTCOG.org Fort Worth is only about 100,000 over the projections for 2010 which was estimated to be around 620,000. Which would put it at around 926,000 in 2030 if it continues its same growth rate. Dallas has already surpassed 1.3 million and still growing. It beat its estimate for 2010 too and by 2030 it is expected to be at 1,404,847. Fort Worth cannot beat that. Sorry.

Last edited by brajohns81; 06-05-2010 at 04:49 PM..

Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 AM

15 posts, read 28,259 times
Fort Worth may not surpass Dallas in population, but it is surely going to grow buy leeps and bounds. The areas that I think will really grow will be the Alliance Area. Ross Perot has got his act together up there. They are currently expanding the runway at his airport, which will allow non stop flights to take off from there and go straight to China. This is big because this is going to open the doors to some huge industry to move in the alliance area. Fort Worth is so spread out and will always be that way.

Here is the real question. Will Fort Worth's run down areas, ex. East side (Rosdale,Martin Street, E loop 820) Ever go through a rebuild of all the run down houses? Will new neighborhoods grow from the shambles?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
It was not moved there for Fort Worth though. Arlington is still a suburb of Dallas too. Its funny, Dallas had no problem building American Airlines Center. Dallas is the main part of the plex, it is the big one, and most people I have heard say Dallas when they say they are going down for a Rangers or Cowboys game. Fort Worth just has minor league teams in the city itself, Dallas has an NBA and NHL team in town. HA!
HA?

i never said the stadium was moved to Arlington because of Fort Worth...i just stated the fact that it IS in Arlington...which borders Fort Worth, NOT Dallas...

and I've NEVER heard anyone say they're going to Dallas to watch a Rangers game...ever.

but really, it's much ado about nothing...you see, it's dallas folks like you who seem to yearn for the supremecy of the Metroplex! you seldom find folks from Ft. Worth yearning for anything but maybe NOT wanting to be a "Dallas-ish"city...carry on, nothing to debate here Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 06-07-2010 at 07:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth